Chapter 10:

Chapter 10:

ALLIANCEE AND ALLIANCER

Y/N cringed as the phone rang, she extended her hand to take her phone back. But Alejandro pulled it away, holding it just out of her reach.

I swore I put it on silent...

"I just found your phone and was about to return it to you, but it seems like someone is calling." Alejandro grinned, showing Y/N the screen where it said her mother was calling. "But I swore I recall you mentioning something about your mother-"

"-I have no idea what you're talking about," Y/N quickly interjected, trying to keep her cool, though Alejandro's grin only widened. He knew he had caught her. With every step Y/N took to get her phone back, he takes a step back.

"Come now, Y/N," Alejandro cooed, "I'm not one to judge. We've all played our tricks in this game. But you see, I think I know a little lie you told about your mother. Admit it."

"Um..." She mumbled, quickly stopping to think. But she couldn't think of a good excuse, and to be fair, didn't think she would be caught like this.

Alejandro's smirk deepened as Y/N stumbled over her words. He gradually moved closer, leaning in slightly, "Admit it."

"Well, you see... she just called! So, we reunited today!..And it's a small world!" She nervously chuckled, mentally face-palming herself for such a dumb excuse. But she couldn't think straight.

"Reunited today? Interesting," Alejandro responded with a sly smile. "Well, mi amor, if that's the case, you won't mind me answering this call for you, right?" He hovered his thumb over the 'answer' button. Y/N's heart skipped a beat.

Y/N quickly glanced around to see if anyone was within earshot. No one.

"Okay! Okay!" she confessed, her words spilling out, "...I may or may not made up a little lie so I can get Leshawna out. But don't think you can guilt-trip me. I did what I had to, and let's not forget you're just as guilty."

"I wasn't entirely certain if Y/N was dishonest, but her odd kindness and how suspicious she's been acting, I figured. And just a bit of probing, she folded like a house of cards." Alejandro chuckled confidently, putting his hand behind his head and leaning back. "Confidence, my friend, goes a long way in this game."

"I'm well aware," Alejandro admitted, "My initial plan was to try and charm Leshawna and then manage to get her out, but it seems that you have already beaten me to it."

Y/N's eyes narrowed, a bit puzzled as to why Alejandro just admitted that. But she didn't care about his schemes right now.

"Okay...? Just give me my phone back." She demanded.

"Of course, you can have it back," Alejandro responded. However, instead of handing her the phone, he slid it into his pocket,

"Seriously, Alejandro, give it." Y/N grumbled, her patience wearing thin, but a subtle unease setting in.

"You see, Y/N." Alejandro chuckled, "It would be a shame for someone to reveal your little secret to the rest of the team. Your fabricated story and manipulations might not sit well with them, and it could lead to your elimination."