Chapter 13:

Chapter 13:

WEB OF LIES

The entirety of Team Chris Is Really Really Really Really Hot was seated on the loser side. Y/N found herself sandwiched between Tyler, who was unusually quiet, and Owen, who was peacefully napping.

She didn't even have a good night's rest, and Owen was half to blame. He, still heartbroken over Noah's elimination, had spent the night sobbing, and Y/N, torn by guilt, had awkwardly tried to comfort him. It was ironic, considering she was (partly) responsible for Noah's departure. The memory of that elimination ceremony played on repeat in her mind, a never-ending loop of embarrassment that haunted her.

The other half of her night was spent coming up with a plan with a clear objective; to devise a strategy that would not only succeed but also serve as undeniable proof that she didn't need Alejandro at all.

Tiredness began to set in, and Y/N felt the weight of staying awake the entire night. Slowly tilting her head back, she succumbed to exhaustion, closing her eyes and drifting into its welcoming embrace.

The rhythmic hum of the plane transformed into a soothing lullaby, bringing a sense of calm.

Only to be shattered by Owen's sudden scream, jerking awake and letting out a loud cry, presumably from a nightmare. Y/N bolted upright, snapping out of her sleep, her eyes scanning around in a panic.

Groggy from sleep, Owen rubbed his eyes and let out a yawn. Alejandro, seated beside the blond, shot him a disapproving glare, clearly irritated by the disturbance.

"Oh, was I talking in my sleep?" Owen said, noticing his stare. "Sorry, I'll just... go away." He mumbled, awkwardly rising from his seat. Flushed with embarrassment, he exited, feeling the continuous, disapproving glare following him out.

Y/N rubbed her eyes, trying to shake off the remainder of her drowsiness.  "I need to think of a plan, something to outsmart them, I did it with LeShawna, so maybe I can do it again, but how?... Team Amazon has this uncanny streak of not getting eliminated.  It's frustrating," she grumbled,

"They've been too comfortable for too long. They're bound to slip up soon, and I'm going to be the one to make it happen. They won't know what hit them."

Y/N noticed Alejandro scooting closer to her, sitting in the spot where Owen once sat.

Her frustration with him still lingered. His confident and calculated presence irked her. The mere thought that she could have voted him out, with Noah possibly sitting beside her instead, sharing laughter and banter, fueled her resentment.

This frustration intensified as Team Amazon sparked another wave of anger within her, especially Courtney and Gwen, as they were the ones who found Duncan and somehow won the challenge. Maybe, if they hadn't found that punk and had simply lost, maybe then Y/N wouldn't even be in the situation to begin with.

Her mind raced with scenarios, each one bubbling with regret. How different things could have been if she had made a different choice. But, here she was, dealing with the consequences of her actions.

Her thoughts were abruptly interrupted when she noticed Tyler trembling as he stared at Duncan, who lay sprawled on the opposite bench with his eyes shut. Puzzled by his behavior, Y/N stared in confusion at the jock, then shifted her gaze to Duncan, curious to know what had happened between them. Tyler's unease and repeated looks towards Duncan only deepened her curiosity.

"Is everything okay, Tyler?" she asked, unable to ignore. "You seem a bit... off."

Tyler's eyes avoided Y/N's gaze for a moment before he finally met her eyes. With a deep breath, he leaned in slightly to her, "I saw something." he whispered