Chapter 1- The last phone call!

The room was bathed in a soft, dim light, courtesy of a small nightlight in the corner, casting shadows that danced on the walls. The baby's cries, restless and forlorn, filled the air, echoing through the quiet house. Abeer lay in his bed, the weight of sleep heavy upon him, but the heart-wrenching cries of the infant made it impossible for him to rest.

As he groggily pushed himself up, he frowned, his sleep-deprived mind struggling to make sense of the time on the clock - 2 in the morning. He shuffled out of his bedroom and down the hallway, his steps slow and heavy. A sliver of light spilled out from the partially open door to the baby's room. There, he found his mother, already in the room, trying her best to console the crying infant. She looked exhausted, her eyes reflecting the same fatigue and frustration that Abeer felt.

The baby, swaddled in a soft, pastel-colored blanket, lay in the crib, tiny fists clenched, cheeks red from the effort of crying. Abeer could see the tear tracks on the baby's plump cheeks, glistening in the gentle glow of the nightlight.

With a heavy sigh, Abeer stepped forward, extending his arms to take the baby from his mother. She handed the little one over, her eyes filled with a mix of gratitude and exhaustion. Abeer held the baby close to his chest, rocking gently back and forth, trying to calm the distressed child.

As Abeer cradled the baby, their eyes met. The baby's gaze was soulful and searching, as if he were looking for something, someone. But then, in an instant, the baby's eyes widened with realization. A look of disappointment and confusion crossed his tiny face. The moment he recognized that Abeer was not his father, the baby let out a heart-wrenching sob, his tiny body trembling in Abeer's arms. It was a cry of longing and abandonment, a cry that seemed to say, "Where is my father?" Abeer's heart ached at the raw emotion in the baby's cries, and he whispered soothing words, gently swaying the infant in an attempt to offer comfort, even though he knew he could never fully replace the father the baby longed for.

Abeer cradled the baby in his arms, feeling the warmth of the small, trembling body against his chest. He began to pace back and forth, traversing the length of the room in a slow, rhythmic motion. The soft, swaying movement was a comforting gesture, meant to lull the baby into a peaceful slumber.

Yet, as the infant's cries persisted, Abeer softly hummed a gentle tune, his voice a soothing balm in the midst of the night's unrest.

*Click the vedio below.

Shoutout to Divyanka. Do check her channel.

Simran entered the room, her steps hushed in the dimly lit space. She had been awakened by the baby's cries, as had the rest of the family. They had all taken turns in soothing the infant earlier until he had finally drifted off into a restless slumber. Little did she expect that he would wake up so soon, and she felt the exhaustion weighing on her.

Seeing her husband, Abeer, cradling the baby was a welcome sight. A sigh of relief escaped her lips. Abeer seemed to be the only source of solace for the infant. Simran was grateful that Harsh, allowed Abeer to comfort him.  She gently nudged Khushi away to sleep. She had not slept a wink the night before. She did not want her spoiling her health. Khushi was reluctant to go but she was nearing exhaustion. If she fell sick there would be no one to care for the baby. She could not let that happen.

Abeer's voice, although quivering with emotion, transformed into a gentle, soothing lullaby, a melody that he had composed long ago for his twin, Adarsh. The tune had always worked like magic to calm Adarsh, and it now resonated with the very essence of their shared memories.