Chapter 15- Confrontation!

The morning was chaotic

The morning was chaotic. The twins were running late for school, anxiously waiting for the driver. Everyone was in a hurry, and the breakfast table was filled with overlapping conversations. The twins were yelling and screaming, little Ashi throwing tantrums, and Harsh screaming for attention. It was chaos, but Khushi was smiling. This was how she had always envisioned her home: filled with life and laughter.

"Mumma, mere phone nahi dekh rahe," Ayu complained for the hundredth time.

"Apne kamre mein dekha?" Adarsh gently whacked him. The boy always misplaced stuff, and it didn't help that he was running late for school.

"Mar kyun rahe ho yaar, dekha har jagah, mil nahi rahe bas," Akshat whined.

"Wahi honge uske kamre mein, ek aur laga ise aadhe, akal aa jayegi," Simran glared at the boy, close to bashing his head. He was 17, not 7, and both her husband and Adarsh didn't get it. They treated the boys like babies.

"Mumma, dekho bhabhi mujhe bully kar rahe hain," Aki hissed. Ayu whacked him into silence. His twin lacked self-preserving skills, and Abeer came back with the phone after searching for it. As Adarsh stated, it was in the boys' room; he hadn't looked properly. A big smile broke on Aki's face the moment he saw it.

"You are my savior, bhaiyu," he reached for the phone, but Simran grabbed it from her husband.

"Bhabhi..."

"Baithe ke breakfast finish kar. Das minute mein school ke liye nikalna hai. Phir se late slip lena hai kya?"

"Late slip?" Adarsh looked startled.

Aki gulped and looked down. His mother didn't bother much about late slips; she scolded him and let him go. But both his dad and bhaiya were strict; they expected them to follow the school rules. He looked for his mother, but she had gone into the kitchen.

"What late slip, Akshat?" Abhimanyu looked up.

"Dad, parathe paas karna, please," Abeer sat down to eat. Akshat almost sighed in relief; he had forgotten this bhaiyu was around. He had nothing to worry about.

"Papa, aur tere bhaiya kuch pooch rahe hain tujhse, Aki. Bata na," Simran taunted.

Akshat glared at the food on his plate. Why did his cool bhaiyu have to marry a Hitler like her?

"Simran, Ashi nahi kha rahi hai. Dekho, use kya chahiye," Abeer sat down to eat. Akshat almost sighed in relief; he had forgotten this bhaiyu was around. He had nothing to worry about.

Akshat mouthed a silent thank you and got back to his food. Ayu played with food in his plate.

"Kya hua Ayu, kyun nahi kha raha tu?" Adarsh looked at his untouched plate of food and commented. Ayu put his spoon down. He had been meaning to ask him something, but he was hesitating.

"Kuch poochana tha, bhaiya?" Abeer observed his nervousness and spoke up.

Ayu nodded his head.

"Kya?"