Chapter 3- Love and Sacrifice!

Abeer escaped to the gym room the first chance he got. The twins were driving him mad with complaints. The meeting with the principal had not gone as planned. Their father had told the principal the truth and instructed her to punish the boys according to school policies. The principal was shocked, not expecting such an honest disclosure. Akshat even apologized, leaving her surprised. Adarsh had prepared them for the meeting, discussing his father's decision, and wholeheartedly supporting it. The boys needed to learn responsibility for their actions, and glossing over their faults wouldn't help. Abhimanyu and Adarsh knew the school management wouldn't take any harsh decisions, as it would mean their security system had failed.

In the end, their belief proved right. The principal scolded the boys and assigned them to community service. Akshat was also tasked with helping the security team close all loopholes. Although Akshat didn't like it, Abhimanyu left him with no choice. The boys had stayed quiet in the principal's office, only to unleash a torrent of complaints when they found Abeer alone. They could not complain before Adarsh so they choose him to vent their frustration. Their constant whining still rang in Abeer's ears, making him eager to escape when the physiotherapist arrived. Anything to avoid their relentless complaints! 

The physiotherapy sessions gave Abeer a mix of relief and accomplishment. The persistent pain in his spine had nearly dissipated, thanks to the dedicated efforts of his physiotherapist. A sense of newfound comfort enveloped him as he eased himself off the machine. Despite the doctor's strict advice against lifting weights, Abeer found himself unable to resist reaching out for Harsh in moments of distress. Every time Harsh needed comfort, Abeer's instinct to hold and soothe took precedence over the cautionary whispers in his mind.

The pain was a very small price to pay in comparison to the baby's comfort. The physiotherapist advised him to take it slow, and he agreed. With Adarsh regaining partial memories, he was not leaving Harsh alone. As he was stuck at home all day, Harsh was his only source of entertainment and comfort. The baby was blooming under his father's care.

Just as he finished, his phone buzzed with Roshni's call. It was a welcome interruption. Abeer reached for the phone, a smile playing on his lips. Roshni had taken to calling him, as Harsh was always with them. The girls' love amazed him. She called him twenty times a day to make sure the baby was doing fine. If she had not been calling so often, they would never have been able to handle Harsh at all. She had not even wanted to go to the medical camp, but Khushi insisted. If she missed the camp, she would miss credits for her exams, and that was unacceptable to everyone. Roshni went to the camp reluctantly, and in the end, they all learned the hard way that the baby could not survive without her.

"How is Harsh, bhaiyu? (Harsh kaise hai, bhaiyu?)" Her tense voice resonated through the phone. Abeer's heart warmed at this new development. Roshni had started calling him bhaiyu. He had not felt comfortable being addressed as 'sir'. His mother proposed that she address him as bhaiyu, and she adopted it without hesitation. She was too sweet-natured to offend anyone.

Abeer gave her the good news, 'He is playing with his dad. (Apne papa ke saath khel raha hai hai).' He could hear her sigh in relief. After a moment's pause, she asked, 'Did he eat? (Khaya usne?)' '

"Kha lega, Roshni. Tum itne pareshaan maat ho. Kaise chal raha hai camp? (He will eat Roshni, stop taking so much stress. Relax, and tell me about your camp. How is it going?)"

'Bilkul Sadu, (I absolutely, loathe it)' Roshni huffed. Her voice dripped with disgust, prompting Abeer to burst into laughter. Her genuine expression of emotions was a refreshing change. Normally guarded and hesitant to make friends, Abeer found conversation difficult. However, with Roshni, it flowed effortlessly. Their forced proximity had led to the natural formation of a bond, and he couldn't be more grateful for it.