Chapter 11- Love and Trust!

Akshat settled himself on the kitchen counter and watched his bhaiyu cook

Akshat settled himself on the kitchen counter and watched his bhaiyu cook. He had seen his bhaiyu cook several times over the past month, but he still was amused.

"Chicken dalo na," he nudged him gently. He did not feel any hesitation making demands. His bhaiyu never said no, and he was actually shameless when it came to food.

"Kitna chicken khayega bacha? You rarely eat vegetables," Abeer looked up with a smile, "Mumma ke baat bhool gaya. Vegetables make you strong."

"I am already strong, bhaiyu, add chicken. They are great for my rippling muscles," Aki smiled and showed him his biceps. He was proud of them. He worked out for two hours in the gym every day. He was glad it was paying off.

Abeer shook his head; Aki was 17. At that age, Adarsh had been just the same. All he cared for was his good looks and girls. That made butterflies dance in his stomach. The twins were 17. The age when attractions made itself known. He hoped Adi gave them the talk. His dad had sat them down and given them the talk when they turned 17. He did not know if someone did the same with the boys. He was worried.

"Aki," he made his tone as casual as possible so as not to embarrass him, "how is school going?"

Aki shrugged his shoulders and reached for an apple. School was plain dumb; he was sure his bhaiyu would not appreciate his perspective. His bhaiya never did. Both of them were the same in different ways. He was smart enough to keep his mouth shut.

"I have never seen your friends. How are they?"

"Cool," Aki answered nonchalantly. Truth was he did not have many friends. He did not need them. Ayu was enough for him, and so was he for Ayu.

"Kabhi koi ghar nahi aya...."

"They come over occasionally. Next week ayenge. We will be having a sleepover here. Is baar humhara turn hai. Bhaiya se baat kar le Aki ne, he will take care of all arrangements."

Abeer nodded his head; it felt good to know that the twins were not isolating themselves. At least that was something less to worry about.

"So how are your friends? Do you like them? Are they good to you?"

Aki took a bite of the apple and observed his bhaiyu carefully. Right after their birthday party, their bhaiya had sat them down and asked them such stupid questions. He wanted to see if his bhaiyu's boat was sailing that way.

"They are friends, bhaiyu. If we don't like them, we will not have them around. Hai na?"

Abeer almost smiled. Aki always hit the bullseye.

"Great, so any special friend?"

Aki shook his head disgusted. His suspicion was right; his bhaiyu was going the exact same way.

"You know what bhaiyu, I will save you the trouble. I have great friends, I have good girl friends. We study in a coeducation, so it is obvious I will be friends with girls. Yes, I like them, and no, I do not have anyone special. Jeez bhaiyu, bhaiya ek kaam the kya jo aap bhi..... seriously, we don't need the talk. Our teachers talk enough and bhaiya..... let's not go there, okay! I am so not discussing my love life with you."