Chapter 10-'You hurt him, you hurt me'!

Thankyou to @Xyz-xxx for the beautiful poem on Abeer Goinka!

Adarsh was woken up to the sound of music

Adarsh was woken up to the sound of music. A smile spread on his lips automatically. It had been so long since he had seen the two of them perform. He knew it was the two of them. He could even differentiate between Abeer's bold tunes and Ayu's subtle ones. It was like he had been waiting for it forever. He raced towards Abeer's room blindly. In his haste, he collided with Roshni head-on. She was pacing the hall with a book in hand. She always did that before exams. It was her way of studying.

Adrash steadied her immediately, "Sorry, lage to nehi na?"

Roshni gulped and shook her head. The more she tried to stay away, the more Adarsh came closer. She knew he did not see her that way. They had collided by accident, but her stupid heart refused to understand that. She could feel it pounding against her ribcage. If Adarsh heard that, she would be so embarrassed. Her face flushed a deep shade of red.

Adarsh picked up the book and handed it to her. In the subtle glow of the chandelier, she looked so radiant that for a moment he could not take his eyes off her. She was wearing a simple blue shirt, but the grace with which she carried herself made his heart somersault.

"You have beautiful eyes," he spoke before he could stop himself. Roshni's eyes widened at the compliment. The book almost slipped from her hands. Adarsh smiled. He could see the blush on her face. He was glad that she reciprocated his feelings. He would never take liberties with a woman who did not show interest, but Roshni was definitely not uninterested. The music, the lights, everything was in his favor. He did not know why he was so attracted to her, but he knew he was. He had waited too long looking for the right woman. The truth was he had never been short of female company, but none of the girls that he casually dated appealed to him in a special way. He respected them, but he could not bring himself to offer them something more than respect. With Roshni, he wanted to. It was not her beauty that attracted him; it was her selfless love for Harsh that tugged at his heartstrings. The way she offered the twins company, the way she blended in with his family, the way she subtly made sure that her mother was always comfortable—everything made her more special to him. She was not just Harsh's nanny; she was family. That was the reason why he was holding himself back. He could not take a step towards her when he was unsure about her. He would never dream about anyone whom he thought of as family.