Chapter 20- His Anchor! His Bhaiyu!

Abhimanyu waited until everyone had retired for the night to approach Abeer

Abhimanyu waited until everyone had retired for the night to approach Abeer. He called him and asked him to the terrace. He wanted a word with his son, and in the chaos, it was difficult to even get a word across. The sky was too dark for his liking, heavy with clouds that hid the dazzling stars, adding to the melancholic mood.

When he felt a shawl drape around him, he turned around to look at his firstborn. He had not realized that he had come in.

"It's so cold, Dad, neeche chale?"

The smile on Abeer's face tugged at his heartstrings. After everything that happened, his child still smiled. It was nothing short of a miracle. Abeer had always been resilient, but when life offers nothing but hardship, a person tends to fall victim. Abeer, on the other hand, had evolved as a survivor. Not just a survivor, but he had weathered the storm and emerged as a triumphant warrior.

"Dad," Abeer gently shook him up, "chale?"

Abhimanyu shook his head. They needed to talk.

"Harsh will stay with us, Dad, aap itna stress mat lejiye. Neeche..."

"Why did you not tell the truth, Abeer?" Abhimanyu cut him off gently.

Abeer looked startled. He was not expecting the question.

"When you came back after your wedding, and when I asked you about the reason for walking away, why did you not tell the truth?"

Abeer looked away. His father had been so furious then.

"I was upset, Abeer, but you always knew how to stand your ground. You always knew how to fight back. Why did you remain silent? You never walked away, Abeer; we needed to know that. Why did you not say anything?"

Abeer sighed. At that point, Abha was already Adarsh's wife. The shock of the wedding had confused him. His father was agitated, and Abha had been standing there like a statue. He did not know how to tell his father that he told her everything.

"Abeer..."

"Kya batata main aapko, Dad? Sach to yahi tha na ke main Abha ko mandap pe chhod ke chala gaya. I chose love over the family's respect. I know your anger was justified. Mujhe laga situation thode theek ho jaye, toh Abha khud sach bata degi. She was a new bride, Dad. Adarsh's wife. How could I condemn her?"

"But you let yourself be condemned, beta? Was that fair to you? To us?"

Abeer looked at his father; he was frustrated with the situation. "Kya karta main papa? Adi was already suffering the consequences of my actions..."

"It's not always about Adi, Abeer. I know you love him. The bond you two share goes beyond every relationship, but for once, can you two be a little selfish about yourselves?"

Abeer fell silent.

"Panch saalo se tu uske liye chup raha, aur woh tujhe he miss karta raha. Itna ke usne khud ko Abeer bana diya."