Legacy (Jamie Tovell x Reader)

It had been a month since Jamie's death. Stef and Aaron have been staying with me mostly. I walk Stef to and from school. I help Aaron as much as I can with his uni work. I could've never been ready for this. 

                       I sit on the toilet seat, pregnancy test in my had. The little pink cap has a crack from when I dropped it on the ground. "Oh my- Oh my god." I say, tears welling up in my eyes. "Y/N! We're gonna be late!." Stef yells from the kitchen. I wipe my face quickly before pocketing the test and leaving the bathroom. "Ready." I say grabbing my purse. "You alright? You look horrible." Stef points out. "Stef, man, shut up." Aaron says from the living room. "I'm fine, Stefan." I smile. "Aaron, I'm heading out to get some groceries, yeah? Don't forget you have class." I say popping my head into the living room. He nods. I narrow my eyes at him. "Yes, Y/N." he groans. I smile and go back to getting Stef ready to go. 

                    After dropping Stefan at school, I walk to one star. The bell rings loudly and everyone turns to look at me. "Hi, love." Farah greets from her table. Sully and Dushane sit at the table in front of me. "You waste man!" I yell, punching Sully as hard as I could in the head. Si and Farah get up and hold me back. "The fuck are you doing, man!" Dushane yells. "You good, Y/N." Si says as him and Farah let go of me. "I'm pregnant." I say looking down. "Is it Jamie's?" Dushane asks. "Yes, what do you take me for?" I spit. "Yeah, let's head to my yard, yeah? Have some tea and that?" Si says as Farah ushers me outside. I sit in the back of her car and cry as Si drives us to his yard.

                   I take a seat on the couch and wipe my tears. "It's gonna be alright, yeah? It's his legacy." Farah says in comfort. "Fuck, man!" Si says slamming his hand on the table. Tears fall from his eyes slowly. "It's okay. Si. You were such a great mate to him, you know." I say with a teary smile. "We should've done Sully when we had the chance." Si says rocking back and forth. "What would that had solved? When would the killing have stopped?" I shrug. Suddenly, my phone rings. "Hello?" I ask picking it up. "Y/N, where are you? You said you were just getting groceries. I'm worried about you." Aaron says. "I'm coming home right now. I just stopped to see Si and Farah." I say looking at them. "Okay, love." he says before hanging up. "I have to go." I say standing up. "Anything you need, yeah? We've got you. You were kin to Jamie, now you're kin to us, innit?" Si says hugging me. I nod into his shoulder and sniffle. "Love." I say before heading out. 

(AN: Not me forgetting that they drove)

                 I open the door and place the groceries on the kitchen table. "You good, Aaron?" I ask, unpacking the food. "Yeah, you were just gone for a while." he says leaning on the table. "Aaron, I'm pregnant." I say in the most calm way I can manage. "Swear on your life." He says looking at me. "I swear." I nod. "You're gonna have Jamie's baby?" he asks. I nod. "Well, shit." he says rubbing his face. "What? You don't think I can do it alone?" I ask with furrowed brows. "I didn't say that, man. It's just you're only a couple years older than me. You barely have a secondary education, Y/N. You never went to uni." he yells. "Allow it, man." I stutter out. "How are you meant to give your baby the life it deserves when you don't have Jamie's money flowing in anymore?" he continues. I look up at his with teary eyes. "Get out. You can come back for dinner, but get the fuck out of my yard" I say lowly. "Y/N, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend." he apologizes. "Stop. Just stop. You think you're this big man. Going to uni and that? You think you're better than me? I'm raising my dead boyfriend's siblings because he got gunned down in his own flat while also being pregnant with his baby. So, yeah, I didn't go to uni. I barely passed my secondary years, but hell, I'm making it work." I yell. Aaron looks at me in shock. "Get out my yard." I say firmly. He grabs his bag and leaves. I check the clock and see that Stef's school gets out soon.

                 "Stef?" I ask as we walk. "Yeah?" "Are you happy at mine?" "Definetly. Your cooking is bare good." "Stef, I got into it with Aaron. He was chatting that I wasn't good enough because I didn't go to uni." "Jamie didn't go to uni." "I'm pregnant, Stefan." "So, I'm gonna be an uncle?" "Yeah." "You're gonna be a good mum, Y/N." Stefan says hugging me. "Thanks, likkle man." I sniffle.

                 When we get back to the flat, Dushane and them are waiting outside out door. "Stef, get behind me." I say stepping in front of me. "We ain't here to cause no harm, yeah. Here, a peace offering." Jaq says handing me a couple racks in cash. "I don't want your blood money." I say tucking the cash in my pocket. Dushane chuckles. "I'm bare sorry, yeah. I didn't know Sully was gonna gun down Jamie. If you need anything, just bell me." he says motioning for the mandem to follow him to his car. Si and Farah wait behind. "We're here to help you, Y/N. Whenever you need it." Farah says smiling before walking away. Si nods and follows her. 

              Dinner rolls around and as if on cue Aaron walks through the door. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I just miss Jamie is all." he says hugging me. "I forgive you, Aaron." I say kissing him on the cheek. "Stef! Wash up! Dinner!" I yell as I take the pot off the stove. Aaron goes to wash up before dinner, leaving me alone in the kitchen. 

               "Hi, love." I hear. I whip around and see Jamie leaning over the pot. "Smells great." he says with a smile. I raise my hand to my mouth and gasp. "No, none of that." He says hugging me. "What are you- love how are you- I miss you." I sob. "I miss you too." he chuckles. "You are doing so great, raising Stefan and that. You will be a great mom, forget my dickhead brother." he says pressing a kiss to the top of my head. "I wish you were here." I cry. "Me too. But, i'm not. What's left is my legacy. My little baby." he says letting go of me and holding a hand to my stomach. "I can't do this without you." I say falling to the ground. Jamie gets on his knees and sits next to me. "You're not without me. I'm with you. In here, and in here." he says pointing to my head and my heart. "And in here." he says pointing to my stomach. "I love you, yeah. So much." He says. "I love you too." I sniffle, leaning on his shoulder. I blink and the warmth is gone. I look to where Jamie had been and he's gone. "Y/N!" Stefan says running over to help me up. "I'm okay." I smile. "You look like you've seen a ghost." Aaron says from the doorway. I look down at my stomach. "I did."

AN: I just finished my other book, so I can focus on this one. I literally got so sad writing this chapter.