Chapter 9: I Met Someone

I sat at the other end of the dinner table, shoving spoonfuls of mashed potatoes in my mouth. "Son" dad called suddenly. "I have something to tell you. There's a reason I've changed recently. I met someone. Her name's Christina, she moved here a couple months ago. She has a daughter, a bit younger than you" he said looking anxious. I looked up at him "That's great, dad. I'm happy for you. It would be nice to have some company." Dad let out a small sigh of relief. I could tell he was nervous to tell me.

     "Ok..seeing as you don't have summer camp tomorrow, we decided that we'd meet each other then" he no longer sounded too anxious. "Sounds good" a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips.
A series of 'dings' came from his phone. "Excuse me" he left to check his messages.

Aurelia: ELLISSSS
Aurelia: BECKS
Aurelia" BECKHAMMM

Beckham:What you absolute idiot??

Aurelia: Do you wanna go to the movies on Sunday after church?? Pls

Beckham: um idk maybe

Aurelia: Mathias will be thereee

He paused and thought for a moment. It would be pretty nice.

Beckham:Fine.

Aurelia: YAAYYYY I KNEW YOU'D SAY YES.

Aurelia:Wait

Aurelia: do u hv a crush on mathias?

Beckham: no of course i dont

Aurelia: BECKHAM ELLIS. U HV A CRUSH ON MATHIAS WOLFE??

Beckham: Goodbye Aurelia

Aurelia: BAHAHAAHAH
that's y u hv no eyebrows
(Yes sidney, this is me throwing shade at u)

Wren's POV:
      Wren held the phone to their ear. "Hey Wren. What's up?" Mathias said from the other side of the line. "Hey. I really really hate to do this over a phone call, but I don't think this is working out. It's not that I don't like you, it's just I see you as more of a friend than a boyfriend.." their voice trailed off. "Yeah, I get it. It's cool, but can we still be friends though?" he voice was filled with hope. They smiled  to themself "Sure". "Ok that's great. Are you still going to the movies with Aurelia and Beckham on Sunday?" He inquired. "Yeah i am"