Chapter 2

We're at lunch in the cafeteria. Gary's group is sitting together. Ash and Miette just got their food and walk up to the group.

Ash: "Hey, everyone!" *They both sit with the group*

Misty: *thinking* (So first, he hugs her and then he brought her to sit with us? Ugh!)

Ash: "Everybody, this is Miette Berryhill. I met her today. She went to Kalos Academy last year and now transferred here. I wanted her to meet you all."

Miette: *waves* "Nice to meet all of you!"

Gary, Paul, Tracey, and Drew are happy to meet her and introduce themselves. Misty gives an emotionless response.

Ash: "See, Miette, Misty here is my girlfriend."

Misty: *suddenly smiling* "That's right! I'm his girlfriend! I'm the best he could ever have!"

Miette: *thinking* (Huh? H-- he has a girlfriend? Aww. Didn't see that coming...) *snaps out of it and smiles* "Oh, th-- that's great, Ash! I'm happy for you two."

Lunch just ended. We're still in the cafeteria. Mostly everybody has left.

Misty: "Ash, I need to talk to you privately for a second."

Ash: "Ok, then." *to Miette* "I'll see you later, Miette." *she waves and leaves*

Misty: *they walk over to the side of the room* "Ash, I saw you earlier when you hugged Miette. I thought I asked you to cut down on that."

Ash: "Wait, I didn't plan that! She hugged me first outta nowhere and all I did was hug her back."

Misty: "It doesn't matter! Do you even care about me and my feelings at all?!"

Ash: "You know what the problem is?! You have too many of these so-called 'feelings!'"

Misty: "What do you mean 'so-called feelings'?! They're my real feelings! Look, when I ask you to do something, I expect you to do it!"

Ash: "I'm not a freakin' doormat! You can't just walk all over me and you can't just push me around!"

Misty: *glares at him*

Ash: *glares back at her*

Misty: "We'll talk about this later." *leaves*

Ash just thinks to himself a little bit before leaving.

Oh yeah, they were being watched by someone.

Serena: *looking worried* ....... *sneaks away without being noticed*

It's 2:30pm. School is now over. We're in the classroom.

Shauna: "So Serena, earlier, Professor Sycamore mentioned that his birthday is in 2 days on the 14th. That's the same day as my birthday! He doesn't know that, so I'm gonna tell him and chat for a little bit. I'll meet you out front!"

Serena: "Sounds good!"

Misty: *meanwhile* "Hey Ash, I need to compare my notes with Paul. Don't leave without me because we still need to talk."

Ash: *dryly* "Ok, fine."

Serena walks out of the classroom. Ash also walks out shortly after her.

Misty: *approaches Paul* "Hey, Paul, I need to compare my notes with yours."

Paul: "Are you really telling people that you're comparing notes with me? You're gonna make it sound like I actually do my work in these classes, haha."

Cut to the hallway. Serena turns around and notices Ash.

Serena: "Hi! So, you're Ash, right?"

Ash: "Yep! Ash or Satoshi, I respond to either."