Chapter 11

Tracey: "Dude, you can't leave Sinnoh now. You're still enrolled in the academy. Also, you and your mom, just like every other student that's not from this city, are living in a rented house and y'all still have a home in Kanto."

Ash: "This is the Pokémon World. If a 10-year-old can leave home without adult supervision to travel on dangerous journeys, then a 17-year-old can surely get a plane ticket and travel anywhere."

Tracey: "You got me there. What are your plans for leaving?"

Ash: "I'm gonna travel wherever. First, I'm traveling to Unova. I just need to stay away from Sinnoh because I've never experienced as much heartbreak until I came here. I'll travel around until school lets out because my mom is renting this house until May. Then, I'll head back to Kanto. Then, I can finish my last 2 months of school online because I figured out how to do that. I'm leaving next Saturday on the 22nd."

Tracey: "What are you gonna do about your mom?"

Ash: "She doesn't know yet. I'll ask her to come with me, but she probably won't."

Tracey: "Satoshi, you don't need to leave just because of heartbreak. That's part of life."

Ash: "Exactly. It's been part of my life for way too long and I'm done with it. Screw everyone. I'm leaving."

Tracey: "Why weren't you this upset after Misty broke up with you?"

Ash: "I was, but you all didn't see that because Miette was already close to me and hanging out with me. She asked to be my girlfriend as soon as I told her what happened."

Tracey: "Well, at least give me and some of your good friends a chance to talk to you one more time before you just suddenly leave."

Ash: *sighs* "Fine. You all should come over here next Friday on the 21st, the day before I leave. That's my mom's birthday. She's gonna be gone that entire day because she's been saying for months that she wants a day out to herself, so I'm paying for her to have that day out with the money that all of us characters somehow magically have."

Tracey: "It's a deal!"

Next day. Saturday, March 15th, 2014. 12:05pm. Ash and Delia are talking in the living room.

Ash: "Mom, I'm leaving the Sinnoh region next Saturday."

Delia: "What?"

Ash: "I can't take the hurt I've been going through here. I'll get a plane ticket to Unova and travel around. I'll come back to our home in Kanto on May 10th, the day after Sinnoh Academy ends. I already talked to Professor Sycamore; he said that a student can leave if they want and can finish their academy time in private online sessions. He doesn't support me leaving, but I told him it needs to be done. I want you to travel around with me."

Delia: "No. My lease with this house is not up until May 9th; I need to stay here. The stuff you go through is no reason to leave."

Ash: "Sorry for what I'm about to say, but that isn't up to you, mom. I'm 17 and can make decisions for myself. I already thought about this. It's not like I'm completely dropping out and staying gone forever. I need to do this, whether you like it or not."

Delia: "You're disappointing me, Satoshi, but ok, I have no choice. You better finish those online sessions and come back to Kanto promptly. You should use this Spring Break week to think this through some more and hopefully come to your senses." *she leaves the room*

2:43pm. Tracey begins a 4-way phone call with himself, Gary, Dawn, and Barry.

Tracey: "Hey, everyone. Ash is planning on leaving the Sinnoh region for good on next Saturday because of his heartbreak."