Chapter 7

Skip a few weeks. It's now November 7th, 2013. We're on the academy campus after school. It's 2:51pm.

Professor Sycamore: "Yes, Jenny, everything is going great here! Thanks for all your help....

There's a knock at his office door.

Professor Sycamore: "I'll call you back, Jenny. Bye." *hangs up* "Come in."

The door opens.

Professor Sycamore: "Whoa... It's been so long since I've seen you..."

Alain: "Same here... Professor Sycamore."

Meanwhile....

???: "Is this-- Is this thing on?... Oh, there we go!"

Trip: "Hello, everyone! I'm Trip James and this is my wonderful documentary!" *looks in front of him* "Oh, look! My first guest! Let's see what he says!"

Ash: "Umm... what are you doing, Trip?"

Trip: "I'm making a documentary of the after-school hours of Sinnoh Academy! Just act natural."

Ash: "It's kinda hard to do that after you've directly told me you're filming me."

Trip: "So, what are you about to do, Mr. Ketchum?"

Ash: "I'm kinda bored, so I was about to go to Professor Sycamore's office and say hey!"

Trip: "Fantastic! I'll just be walking around filming other human species! See ya!"

Back over to Professor Sycamore's office.

Professor Sycamore: "So, what brings you to Sinnoh, Alain?"

Alain: "I'm just here collecting some special ingredients for some new medicine that are only available in Sinnoh. I'll only be in town one night and I'll leave tomorrow afternoon."

Professor Sycamore: "Gotcha. How long has it been, 6 years? You're 22 now?"

Alain: "Correct. So... this is where you are now."

Professor Sycamore: "Yep. After Kalos Academy burned down, Lucy Sparks, the previous instructor here, contacted me asking to take her spot since she wanted to move back to Hoenn. So, here I am."

Alain: "Wow... that's interesting..." *suddenly angrily* "Interesting that you're still fooling with these stupid academies!"

Professor Sycamore: *looks shocked* .......

Kenny: *meanwhile* "Oh, hey. Just left the gym. What's up, man?"

Drew: "I have a problem that I'm dealing with. It's a family problem."

Kenny: "Oh, what's that?"

Drew: "I was just wondering about this very serious topic..... Are pickles and cucumbers cousins?"

Kenny: "...... Really?"

Drew: "This is a serious matter. I must have answers!"

Kenny: "Are you all right in the head?"

Drew: "I feel like you would know the answer if you just had some pickles, preferably in sliced form. You want some?"

Kenny: "I don't want any sliced pickles, Drew."

Drew: "Sure you do! I'll get you some!" *he leaves*

Ash walks up to Professor Sycamore's office. The door's open and he hears talking. He stands back and listens, unnoticed.

Alain: "So, that's what I want. Do you have an answer?"

Professor Sycamore: "I can't answer something like that in such short notice."