|~ ONE ~|

Author

It was six in the morning, and the newlyweds were peacefully sleeping when Haseena's phone alarm rang.

"Maa... do minute aur sone do na...!" she mumbled, hiding her face into the pillow. Suddenly, the realization hit her hard.

She opened her eyes, scanning her surroundings. "Tera ghar nahi hai, Haseena...!" she murmured sadly, sitting upright on the bed. Her gaze fell upon her husband, who was still sleeping peacefully with a smile. She smiled.

"Ladko ka hi mast hai, shaadi ke baad apna ghar chhodna nahi padta... khair, uth ja Haseena aur jakar ready ho ja, warna tere Sasural walon ka bharosa nahi late ke liye bhi taane de...!" she encouraged herself, getting down from the bed.

As her Alta-colored feet touched the carpet, the jingling sound of her anklets echoed in the room, which startled her.

"Khud ki payal hai buddhu...*facepalm* koi nhi aadat ho jayegi tujhe bhi..!" She mumbled, walking to her bags and suitcases.

ANUBHAV

"Anu...!" I was in deep sleep when I heard my Dadi's voice with knocking on door, which broke my slumber. I quickly got up, glancing at my wife's side of the bed, only to find it empty.

"Did she wake up too early? Accha hai, warna Dadi se daant padti." No, my Dadi is not a bad woman, but she holds conservative beliefs and follows old traditions.

"Anu bete...!" I heard her again, prompting me to swiftly move to the door and open it. There, I found my Dadi with my badi bua and a housekeeper carrying a thal covered with red cloth.

"Good morning Dadi maa, good morning bua...!" I greeted them, respectfully touching their feet.

"Suprabhat..." Dadi said with a smile. "Bahu kahan hai? Jagi nahi abhi tak?" She inquired, searching for Haseena.

"Woh naha rahi hai shayad...!" I replied.

"Shayad..?" Bua gave me a suspicious look.

"Haan shayad... main toh abhi jaga isliye..!" I responded when I heard a pair of anklets sweetly jingling as Haseena stepped into the room. We turned to her, and my lips curved into a smile as I found her wearing a red and green combination saree with wet, open hair, which she soon covered as she noticed Dadi.

"Pranam Dadi ji... Pranam bua ji...!" She touched their feet.

"Sada Suhagan raho..!" The only blessing I heard from my Dadi and bua.

"Maa bahu rani ko dekh kar lag toh nahi raha hai inhone hamari baat suni hai..!" Bua said suspiciously, which made Haseena and me share a look.

"Kaun si baat bua?" I asked, attempting to change the topic, but my Dadi's angry glare made me stop—not because I am scared of her, but because I respect my Dadi.

"Anu, tum bahar jao..!" Dadi ordered me, while Haseena glanced at me. I nodded no and left the room because I can't disobey my Grandma.

Author

"Bahu...!" Dadi sternly called Haseena, prompting her to look at Dadi.

!" Dadi sternly called Haseena, prompting her to look at Dadi