|~ THIRTY~|

HASEENA

"

Sweetheart please na, sirf ek kiss warna neend nhi aayegi hume.." My husband began his melodrama again. *Rolling eyes*  He's definitely a drama queen when it comes to soothing me, especially at night. But as usual, I ignored him because I'm still angry with him for shouting at me during our argument about Koko as Koko barked on Dadi and badi maa. And this wasn't the first time he'd done it in the last few weeks. It's not like I didn't reply back, but his anger scares me, so I decided to ignore him.

Look, I know he loves Koko too, but I didn't want Koko to live here anymore. My in-laws have been ranting at me for the incident few weeks ago, Anubhav's attack, which definitely wasn't Koko's fault. But who would go and explain that to my in-laws? Instead, they're the ones who taunt my innocent baby. And because of them, I have to act rude with him so they don't say anything to him. They think I also don't want him to stay here, but it's because of Anubhav's decision that Koko is still here.

"I don't want to talk to you, Mr. Singh. Just go to sleep quietly, or else I will throw you out of the room.." I said coldly, hoping he would stop his drama. But I was wrong. He slid his hand around my waist, under my night shirt.

"I know, Jaan, you're angry with me, but samjho na galati se gussa aa gya tha warna itne din mein kabhi aisa kiya hai..!" He said, sounding like the most innocent kid, while nuzzling the crook of my neck. Meanwhile, his mischievous hand brushed over my navel, sending shivers down my spine.

"Anubhav haath door rakhiye warna Koko ke paas sona padega..!" I said firmly, but he remained shamelessly persistent. His hand crept upwards, dangerously close to my cleavage.

"I know you desire me as much as I desire you..." He whispered seductively, intertwining his leg with mine.

"Aisa kuch nhi hai..I want neither you nor anything else from you.." I retorted, forcefully pushing his hand away as his attempts at seduction intensified.

"But I want you na..!" He whispered again, his voice dripping with honey, as he gently traced his fingers over my waistline, eliciting a sigh from me. Aware of the impact my words could have, I chose to remain silent and allow him to continue. I knew that if I didn't respond, he would cease his seduction and peacefully drift off to sleep. After all, he never pressured me into intimacy.

"Accha thik hai kam se kam baat toh kar sakti ho...!" He said, feeling the frustration of his wasted ten minutes due to my silence.

"Hmm..sun rahe hai hum..!" I replied plainly.

"Dinner par chalogi hamare saath?" He asked softly, and his question was enough to make me turn to him. I looked at him in surprise because it had been almost a month and a half since our marriage, and this was the first time he had asked me out for a dinner date. It was something I had been hoping for from him.

"Dinner?"

"Haan, chalogi ?"

"Waise toh Jana chahte hai par Koko ko akele nhi chhod sakte Ghar par...kisi ko kaat liya toh dikkat ho jayegi..!" I replied sadly, feeling torn about wanting to go to dinner but also concerned about Koko.

"Uski tension mat lo, hum Dev se kah denge woh kuch ghante ke liye sambhal lega...!"

"Nhi..agar Dev par bhi attack kar diya toh..hum risk nhi le sakte..." He reassured me gently.

"Nhi kaatega..woh toh us raat bas use laga hum tumhe harm kar rahe the isliye andhere mein Bina pehchane attack kar diya tha.." He explained, a fact I was already aware of.