HTD#8

1 new message

Bada sent a photo

Mauve's eyes was lighted by delight upon seeing the photo of a rainbow. The colors looks so saturated and it popped against the blue canvass of the sky. She thought it was all that Bada sent but when she pressed back to the main chat box she noticed the three floating dots on the bottom.

She anticipated the message that came after the photo as the three dots indicated that the person on the other end is still typing. It took a few more second for Mauve's phone to vibrate again and when it did she immediately clicked on the notification.

Bada-ssaem:
The rainbow looks very pretty from here.
Can you see it?

Mauve immediately looked up to the sky right after reading the last message. The bright 10 AM after rain sun shone quite strongly, it made her squint her eyes. But she recovered quickly from it and searched for the colorful rainbow, hoping to see it too to send to Bada.

The blue sky was empty though, it was only filled by white clouds passing by slowly. Disappointed, she messaged Bada to tell her the rainbow isn't visible from where she is.

I can't see it.

She pressed sent. It only took a second for Bada to reply back.

Bada: That's sad. I think you would've like it.

Mauve felt all the blood on her body rush to her face as she read the message. Did that mean that she was the first person Bada thought when she saw the rainbow? Delusional. Yes. But what if?

Mauve giggled as the thought ran through her head.

She was thinking what to respond to Bada, choosing between sending a sentence or emojis, when she felt a light tap on her thigh. Mauve looked down to see a 5-year old girl looking up to her. The girl's cheeks were red and chubby, her puffy sticked out to a pout, while her eyes were watery.

Mauve gasped in concern and immediately kept her phone to her pant's back pocket and immediately pulled the little girl by the armpit and embraced her while also rubbing her back.

She broke their little embrace and Mauve signed to the little girl with one hand.

Are you okay? Why are you crying?

With her chubby little hands, the little girl formed signs to tell Mauve what happened.

Jo Eun

The little girl paused from signing. She was frowned more as she can't remember the sign for 'bullied me'. After 5 seconds of trying the little girl just gave up and bawled her eyes out.

Mauve sighed in understanding of her frustration and just continued to embrace the girl and swayed her body slightly to comfort her.

When the girl was only left with gentle sobs after drinking some water, Mauve caught her attention by signing.

Don't cry now Ri Jin-ah, we will tell Jo Eun to stop bullying you okay?

Mauve told the little girl, Ri Jin.

Ri Jin's faced was determined while she signed a devious plan to Mauve on how they can take revenge on the boy who bullied girl.

I will tell him I will hook him to pole if he doesn't say sorry and snatch his nose from him.

She signed with her frown turned more intense by the second. When she finished, Mauve looked concerned with her plan and tried to convince her that doing bad won't solve bad.