Once upon a time...

In a beautiful lake, lived the most beautiful swans. People loved to see them as they danced around the crystalline blue waters that glowed under the sun.

Amongst all of the swans, there was one that stood out the most. This swan captivated everyone, whether when she is dancing or just floating above water basking under the wonderful heat of the sun and the gazes of many. No one can take their eyes off of this swan, she was admired by many, they placed her above all the other's swan just because of her beauty.

All the swans in the lake and the humans who adored her gave her gifts and everything she would have ever wanted. Jewels, beautiful tiara's, golden combs all of which interpreted their undying devotion to her beauty. It made the swan feel superior from everyone else and she used their admiration for her to give her more of what she could ever want even though it wasn't meant for her to have. Eventually, everyone started to address the beautiful swan into Swan Queen.

The Swan Queen however, like any other swan inevitably fell in love. Although she feared that everyone would stray away from her for loving someone, that fear did not came to be as the other swans and the humans only revered her more for being together with the most beautiful male swan among their bevy. The male swan was a devoted mate, an equally captivating swan who she danced around until the people cried with total admiration. 

The Swan Queen was equally in love and devoted to the male swan that they started to call as, Swan King. Their mutual love made the whole bevy happy and so did the humans. They celebrated their love and even created statues for them. They became the symbol of love in all of the town and not just the lake. They became the beautiful King and Queen of the beautiful lake and of the rest of the swans.

Together, the Swan Queen and King lead the swans in every dances and where ever the King and Queen would go humans and swans watched them and kept them safe from any harm.

What they did not know is how the Swan Queen's fame and glory has eaten her. Anyone who tried to outdo her beauty would be impaled or driven away by other swans with just a whisper of her persuasive words. All this she did without even being blamed. That's how powerful and manipulative she had become with just using the fame she was given.

Her beauty masked the darkness and selfishness in her heart. She swore no one in the time of her existence will there ever be someone more beautiful than her.

Until one day, the Queen announces of her pregnancy of their first child. Everyone celebrated in so much joy! They were sure that their offspring would be as beautiful as the parents and as talented in dancing as her parents. They celebrated for 7 days alone for the announcement of the pregnancy and after that everyone became more careful around the Queen. They spoiled her even more and did not stop until the Queen says they stop.

One day the Queen was looking at the beautiful mirror gifted to her, she saw how her pregnancy is changing her body and she feared this child will destroy her beauty. She panicked! She must find a way to get rid of her! She can't let this child ruin her! With her unreasonable panic, the Queen gave birth to her child pre-maturely.

Luckily the princess, yes a beautiful daughter, was safely given birth by the Queen.

Oh how the swans danced and sung of the Princess' beauty! The humans were equally captivated! 

Once again, the Queen fear of her fall from her title! They were singing the princess' name and not hers! She thought of how easily the swans and human alike were weak to beauty! She became mad at them and most of all she envied the innocent swan she had given birth to. There is also her concern of her increasing age! She is becoming old and whether she like it or not she WILL become old, ugly and weak! The mere thought of her fame fading before her eyes scared the Queen!