HTD# 19

Its the matter of the heart.

The first morning light shined through the window of the van and shined its soft rays on the faces on two girls sleeping while facing each other, their hands are entertwined and laying on the space between their faces. Mauve and Bada slept comfortably through the night, maybe because it was of the exhaustion as well. 

Bada was the first to stir to consciousness after the light started to slightly bother her. When she opened her eyes, of course the image of the sleeping Mauve was the first thing that she saw and it made Bada smile fondly. She caught herself feeling this delightful tingling on her chest and she welcomed it. If this is the sight you see in the morning, its enough to guarantee a good mood for the whole day. 

She decided to get breakfast for the both of them so that when Mauve wakes up, the girl would have something to eat and drink. So she get's up carefully making sure Mauve won't wake up from her movement, and even though she hated to do it she removed her hands from Mauve's hold. Before she started to get up from the seats she heard Mauve mumble something. Its still new to her to hear Mauve actually say something. She leaned in closer to the girl with her arms supporting her weight to hear what she was mumbling and it did not disappoint when she heard her own name being softly spoken.

"Hmmm... Bada-nim" 

Bada's heart ached with this giddy and tingling feeling that brought upon this so much happiness from her heart. She can't really explain how happy she is right now. Its like she's feeling this uncontrollable excitement and thrill that makes her heart just really, really happy.

 Maybe it was  because of the spur of this precious moment that made Bada gently caress Mauve's cheek and tucked strands of hair from her delicate looking face. Then before she could think of just staying in just to hear Mauve mumble her name even more, Bada carefully got out of the seats to do what she planned on doing. As she closed the van door she glimpsed at Mauve's sleeping form one last time and the sight was stuck on her head as she walked down the hill to find the nearest convenience store.

When Mauve woke up, Bada was not beside her anymore but she didn't panicked with the absence of her presence. She had a pretty nice dream after all where Bada gave her a soft kiss on her cheek as they danced in a more laid back form of waltz. 

She can not forget what happened last night though, that beautiful dream might've been a compensation for all the tears and pain she expressed last night. She realized how much she poured her heart out as she talked about her mother. Talking about her mom's death has always been a sensitive topic within their family and so she has always suppressed her grieving. She didn't know how she was actually in pain until last night, she realized how much she misses her mom. Dancing with her, spending time with her in the kitchen making snacks, braiding each other's hair, watching cartoons and listening to music. 

She misses her so much but she also does accept that her mother is gone now. She made amends with that already no matter how painful it was to accept. Now that she was able to tell someone about her innermost feelings about her mom's death, she feels like a big thorn has just been removed from her heart. It feels like she could breathe easier now and that she could actually smile happily this time.

Mauve got out of the van and is now staring at the rising sun. Its bright rays creating this harmony of colors, yellow, orange, and blue in the morning sky. She was just standing there  contently looking at the sky while enjoying the cool morning breeze. This is the state of her that Bada saw as she walked up the hill with a bag of food in hand that she brought from a convenient store not far from where they parked.