HTD#10

The dining room was filled of the scrumptious scent of the food being served. A steak, if Bada's memory serves her right the chef said it's drizzled with a red wine reduction as sauce.

The food was heavenly from scent to taste but it can not hide the underlying tension that clouded the dining table. Its so thick someone could just run a knife through it. Only the sound of utensils cutting through the meat can be heard and no one's looking at anyone. There were occasional small talks but it was only answered by a couple word.

Thankfully the woman was able to talk in Korean, which surprised Bada but nonetheless she was thankful that Helene is fluent in speaking the language.

"So Miss Bada"

Would you look at that another question after 10 minutes of silence. Bada breathed somewhat an air of relief. The silence they shared was starting to affect her digestion.

"How is Mauve's progress?"

The woman asked in her accented English.

With what Helene said earlier when they were outside, she is assuming that Bada is a ballet instructor for Mauve. Which she obviously is not, considering her red cargo pants, black oversized shirt, black cap and Vans sneakers. Her ensemble alone is already shouting Hip Hop and yet this woman seemingly chose to be blind and not judge Bada's expertise with her attire.

To be honest, Bada didn't know what to say to this woman. Its not that she's afraid she'd get mad but, with the situation she kind of assumed she wanted her grand daughter as a ballerina not a dancer of another genre so in other words she's afraid for Mauve to get scolded.

She's piecing together the perfect response when Mr. Jung answered the question first.

"Well they've been doing pretty well, I've been monitoring them closely and I'd say Mauve's really loving the dance style she chose. She's learning a lot from her teacher."

In other words; she's happy learning hip hop or whatever Bada is teaching her.

It left a bitter taste in Helene's tongue.

Bada was just nodding along with what Mr. Jung was saying and Mauve was just observing everything that is happening before her. Glancing on their lips to make out the context of the conversation. The two were totally oblivious with the words that settled along the lines of what Mr. Jung has told his mother-in-law.

Helene curtly smiled and it was enough for the atmosphere to shift more heavier.

"How disappointing."

She sighed before taking a sip of her red wine holding the stem of her glass like the sophisticated woman she is. When she finished she scans the room and her eyes landed on Mauve and gave her quite a pressing stare.

By instinct, Bada squeezed Mauve's hand that reached for her and leaned slightly towards the table with her body turned slightly while also locking eyes with Helene.

The woman raised a brow as she smirked to what appears as Bada's act of bravery to shield Mauve from her. The grandmother. The woman who should be the one shielding her dear grand daughter from the likes of Bada.

Annoyance slowly crawled to Helene's chest, no one has ever dared to do this to her. Her feelings made her react impulsively to the point where she threw her table napkin beside her plate and stood abruptly making her seat scratch against the cream tiled floor.

"Mother."

Mr. Jung's tone was low, gentle but with a buzz warning.

"Oh silly, don't act so cautious. I only want to talk to my grand daughter. Mauve? To the other room, please."