HTD#15

"More! More!"

Helene's voice has never been sound so sharper than now.

Mauve has been performing a routine of difficult ballet movements like fouette, grand adage, pirouettes and more. The woman is extra merciless than she was before. She did made it clear how she'd punish Mauve for running away when she arrived yesterday evening.

Helene's calm demeanor when she welcomed Mauve was coupled with her piercing silent glares but obvious rage and disapproval. She didn't said anything but the next morning, Mauve found herself being woken up at 4AM her hearing aid ready for her to wear  for her practice with Helene which eventually turned into a punishment.

She was kept in that practice room the whole entire day practicing. She was only let out an hour before Mr. Jung was supposed to arrive from work.

"She has gained weight do not give her food only water. Our body can survive without food but water is needed. Let's start."

She remembered Helene say while holding up her face to inspect it. Mauve can't remember the number of times she almost collapsed during practice. The water would help a little but dancing without food to fuel her up she can only perform half of what Helene expects from her.

Dinner was the only time she would be allowed to eat since its been a custom for the daughter and father to eat together. Mauve didn't dare fight off Helene's disciplining. If before she's doing it to appeal on her good favors, now she's doing it to show Helene she can conquer the challenges she'd throw at Mauve.

What is truly bothering Mauve is the competition. As she stares at the small calendar on her vanity table with a star on the 29th. She had written a cute little note at the bottom of the number that said, 'Competing with Bada-nim! Fighting!'

Its the day of the competition and seeing how its already the 27th today, it means the competition is just two days away.

In all honesty, Mauve is more worried about the nearing date of the competition than Helene. In fact Mauve is already plotting a way to attend the competition with or without Helene's permission. She already promised Bada she won't let all their efforts go to waste and she's going to fulfill that promise.

Mauve made her way to the empty dance room where she would practice ballet with her mom when she was still alive, when she was still happy. She loved ballet because of her mom, she truly did and she tried her hardest to be like her that's why she has the fundamental knowledge and skills of a  ballerina but... Things happened.

As she stood in the middle of the room while staring on the mirror she realized the sadness of remembering her life with her mother in it was truly overwhelming. Its amazing how she's still able to smile everyday like all of those things did not happen.

Mauve snapped out of that little pool of sadness in her brain with a shook of the head and double slap on both cheeks which she regretted immediately with how it stung. She then reached for her phone on her pocket set it up on the speaker and played it on lower volume in hopes that Helene won't hear it.

The beats that ran through her body was weak but it was enough for all the muscle memory to get her moving with the music almost automatically. She did mistakes here and there but all she had to do was remember Bada's advice and guidance. When she does it she feels more motivated to practice.

Then suddenly in the middle of finishing another round of practice the door of the dance room bursted open and Helene came in with a scowl. As their distance drew close, Helene raised her hand to show Mauve the girl's own calendar.

"What do you think are you doing?"

Helene asked with so much disgust with the mere idea of Mauve competing in such low class talent shows and worst its with Bada!