HTD# 17

Note: Helene only speaks french and to highlight that, I have her dialogues written in bold-italic. Enjoy this chapter!

~~~

The events hall was dim lighted by the colorful hues of blue and pink LED lights installed at the stage as a background. With the help of these lights the audience were able to see the silhouette of two ladies standing in the middle.

Amongst the crowd was Tatter, Lusher, Howl, Young J, Hulk and Hyein who have finally found a parking spot.

"Is that them?"

Hyein asked and they all silently nodded while their eyes were focused on Mauve and Bada. They weren't the ones on stage but they can feel what those two must be feeling. Imagine, they just successfully ran away from Mauve's psycho grandmother and now they're about to compete without a proper practice for one last time.

They could only imagine how Mauve, a total beginner, must be feeling. They all went through the stage fright phase in fact its still there every time they, a bunch of professional dancers, are on stage but to get up there without any proper preparations is not something they do. For them its like going to a full on war with a gun but no ammo. Knowing Bada she is also the type that everything she is doing is polished until the very last minute but now she's standing there with Mauve not fully prepared to the prime.

"You can do it Bada and Mauve!"

Hyein cheered from where they sat while clapping. She knows Mauve probably won't hear it but it just felt right to do it. There's nothing more helpful from stage fright than cheers from your friends. Then the others followed to cheer for the duo, not realizing that its their way of getting rid of their own jitters too.

"Break a leg Bada and Mauve! Well not literally but let's go!"

"The fuck kind of cheer is that?-- Let's go Mauve you can do it! Burn that stage you two!"

"Who the fuck says burn the stage?"

"Oh c'mon its better than break a leg!"

"Atleast break a leg is a real thing to say--"

"Oh shut up you two!"

Tatter and Lusher hushes the bickering Young J and Hulk then continued to cheer for the two. While Howl only sat there in silence anticipating the performance that has put off Bada in a complete mess, knowing full well they'll probably kill it.

"You can do it you guys! You already look awesome!"

"Bada you better do well or we're cancelling your order of Doraemon merch!"

While their cheering, and threat, continued on the crowd gave their increasingly loud group with a weirded look.

On stage, Bada could hear all the cheers of her friends but right there, her entire being is only filled with Mauve. Her eyes was locked on the younger one, the way she breathed shaky, and how she gulped multiple times already.

"Again, please welcome, Bada Lee and Mauve Jung!"

The crowd clapped and the group cheered harder, the spotlight burned bright directly at the two ladies standing on the center of the stage. Then finally the song started and when it did Mauve lifted her head to look at Bada.

Bada gave her a quick nod and then in a split second they started to dance.

While back at the Jung Residence, Helene is on a mission to make Mr. Jung speak out where her grand daughter is. Her deathly glares can not sway Mr. Jung this time though, not when he promised he'll keep the woman distracted so Mauve and Bada can compete tonight.