𝕋𝕎𝔼𝕃𝕍𝔼

Grover found a marshy clearing about a hundred yards from the main road, that local kids had obviously been using for parties

Grover found a marshy clearing about a hundred yards from the main road, that local kids had obviously been using for parties. The ground was littered with flattened soda cans and fast-food wrappers.

They had taken some food and blankets from Medusa's and though they were wet and shivering Annabeth argued that the Furies and Medusa had been more than enough for one day and lighting a fire may attract more monsters.

Sleeping in shifts became the consensus between the group. Percy volunteered to take the first watch. Annabeth curled up on a pad of blankets, Grover used his shoes from Luke to flutter up to a low hanging branch.

Nerissa was sitting up against a tree, to say she missed camp was an understatement, especially Luke. The last time she had been out of camp he was right there with her. She didn't just miss Luke, she missed camp, Diana, the lake, all of it. Only living in one place for the majority of your life and then having to leave without having a choice was something that Nerissa wasn't fond of.

"Go to sleep." Percy said when he noticed she was still awake, "I don't even want to know how much of a pain in the ass you are when you're tired."

Nerissa scoffed, he had clearly joined on the Poseidon child hostility wagon, "Can't sleep. You go."

"Doubt I'll get much either." Percy admitted as he shrugged

Nerissa nodded, "Nightmares. Happens to the best of us."

After a few seconds of silence, Percy turned around to look at her, "Question."

"No."

Percy gave her a look, or Nerissa assumed he did, through the dark, he decided to ask her anyway, "Why do you hate me so much? You weren't this mean when you didn't know who I was to you. You were actually really nice."

Nerissa paused as she looked down at the ground, her dad asked her to look out for Percy, but so far she hadn't been doing a very good job of it, "You are the proof that dad never cared about me. That he forgot about my mom and my brother. I don't hate you...it'll just take me a minute to like you."

Percy nodded, "Thanks...for not hating me, I guess. Another question. What can we do?"

"What do you mean?" Nerissa asked