𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ

Their ride west was simply a hitchhike in the back of what Grover had called 'the zoo mobile' aka a dark and dingy trailer that housed a zebra, a lion, and an antelope-like animal that Nerissa didn't know the name of,

The four teenagers were crowded in behind some mildewed sacks, trying to ignore the stench and the heat of the trailer. The poor caged up animals in with them proved that their owners weren't anywhere near qualified for taking care of them. The zebra's mane was matted with chewing gum and the antelope had a silvery balloon floated from one of its antlers, the two animals staring at the Styrofoam tray of hamburger meat in front of them that was obviously supposed to be given to the lion.

Said lion was pacing back and forth as flies swarmed around it, ignoring the sack of turnips thrown at its feet instead of its proper food.

Grover angrily bleated back and forth with the animals and eventually convinced his friends to aid him in helping the animals, swapping their food and providing them with water from a stowed away jug. Annabeth cut loose the balloon from the antelope's antler after Grover successfully calmed it down, and they promised to help the animals more in the morning when their transport wasn't so bumpy and unpredictable.

Grover curled up on a sack of turnips thrown against a wall as Nerissa was sitting up against the wall, no one really said anything until Annabeth spoke up, "Hey," the daughter of Athena spoke into the dimly lit darkness. "I'm sorry for freaking out back at the Water Park."

"It's okay." Percy waved it off

Nerissa looked at her, "You don't like spiders. It's not a big deal."

"Anyway. I owe you." Annabeth said, looking at Percy

Percy then looked at his sibling, "We owe her. I think we'd be dead by now."

Nerissa smiled, "You would be. But we're a team. Me and Grover just helped from the sidelines on this one." 

Everyone thought he was asleep but from the corner they heard, "I was pretty amazing, wasn't I?"

"Can I ask? Luke said right at the beginning that Grover wouldn't fail this time. Nobody would turn into a pine tree."

Grover's voice was shaky as he said, "I should've told you the truth from the beginning. I thought if you knew what a failure I was, you wouldn't want me along."