𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ

"Has Fish-Breaths kid told you how we first met?" Ares asked as he sat across the table from Grover and Nerissa 

Nerissa just leaned back in her chair, to say she was worried about Annabeth and Percy was an understatement, none of them knew what would be waiting for them or what kind of things Ares had sent them into 

"The Satyr I was with, Grover's brother." 

Ares shrugged, "I don't care." 

"He didn't tell me. KJ didn't tell me anything, neither have you, or Luke." Grover added into the conversation 

The first quest that Nerissa went on wasn't one that she liked to talk about, she didn't like to talk about any of the quests that she had gone on. Every single one it was like the gods had it out for her, and anything that could go wrong did. 

Ares just laughed, "We met in my beautiful Labyrinth in New Mexico, isn't that right, Cousin?" 

Nerissa raised an eyebrow, she wouldn't have described that labyrinth as beautiful, "Beautiful? Your Pit Scorpions almost killed me. The snakes almost killed Luke and KJ won't even talk about what happened to him so I really wouldn't call that beautiful." 

"You know, I hate kids. All of 'em. I hate my own kids...maybe less than other kids, but still not fond of them. Look what I made! What are butterflies for? My knee hurts." Ares groaned at the mere thought of his kids, "I love my job, but that night when everyone's kids show up for the winter solstice and I have to sit through their presentation. That night is the worst night of the year, every year, by far." 

"This one in particular, it seems. Since one of those kids somehow walked off with the master bolt." Grover added 

Ares scoffed, "Says you. Who knows who actually took it. Plenty of people hate my dad enough to try."

Nerissa nodded, "Maybe. But not many people could pull it off." 

"Someone Hades could've recruited for the job." Grover added 

There was no doubt in Nerissa's mind that Hades had anything to do with the master bolt being stolen by a demigod. Hades had no reason to want it, she had met him on numerous occasions when visiting the Underworld with Tony and nothing ever gave her the indication that he wanted anything other than what he already had. 

"And someone who could slip away long enough to do it without being missed, bold enough to cross Zeus, stealthy enough to get their hands on the thing-"