Lead

I sat in the class with Airon and Cora, waiting for professor to begin. When a crumpled paper was thrown at my desk.

"I've found him"

It read, and I knew immediately who it was from. I had asked Airon to help me find the man. It had been difficult, and took a year but atleast now we can know who he is and why he did what he did.

For the first time in a year, I knew what I was doing. I wasn't lost.

After the note, I day couldn't have gone any slower. It felt like time was being dragged. I know im exaggerating, but that's exactly what I'm feeling right now.

When the lunch break finally rolled around, I was an impatient mess. Cora, Lillian and Airon were seated at their usual bench near the fountain in the court yard.

I walked over to them, fidgeting with the bracelet on my wrist that Lillian gave me. It's true I loved her. I still do. But I couldn't let my self-destructiveness scar her, so I had to end it.

"How're you feeling?" Cora asked handing me apple juice.

"Great. Airon's found the guy." I said matter-of-factly.

"Really?" Cora and Lil' said in unison.

"Tell me brother, when do you have the time to do other things besides secretly admiting Cora?" Lillian was smug.

The look on her face was just like old times when we would tease the other two and they would do nothing but deny their feelings. Atleast I've always been honest about mine.

"Shut up Lil' we're completely platonic, and you know that." Cora answered before Airon could react.

A deep chuckle escaped my lips.
"Yeah. Completely platonic"

We all know that that's not true. They're just too chicken to admit what they feel.

"So, you wanna tell me what you found?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah. So his name is Constantine, he's a gold dragon, and he used to work with the Ministry until last year when he was fired, before the murder."

The gears in my head had started working.
"Maybe, my mom got him fired?"

"Yeah that is a possibility, but why would he get soo violent over getting fired?" Airon thought out loud.

"There has to be something we're missing." Cora said shoveing spoonfuls of cereal in her mouth.

"I'll check some more, and let you guys know." Airon had that glint in his eyes again. Determination.

•••
Later that day, I was busy doing my school work when the group chat went off like crazy.

Loca🔥🐲🌊🌪

Air
"We have a lead people!!!"

Corrie
"Can you be any more dramatic?"

Air
"Yes. I have found the LEAD to the MURDER!!"

Corrie
"Ugh🙄"

Lil🌷
"Can you two be quiet!? I'm trying to study."

Air
"Wow, do you know how to read?"

Lil🌷
"Shut up pig"

You

"SO. The LEAD huh?"

Air
"Oh yes, he's after some kid called Nicholas."

Lil🌷
"A kid. He's after a kid? What's wrong with people these days?!"

You
"Why does he want the kid?"

Air
"He's probably gonna eat him like a witch😂"

Corrie
"OH MY GOD! Airon get to the point."

Air

"⁣😥    😫  😒😣😒"
😒😒  😒 😒    😲
😩 😢 😲 ⁣😤    😠
😒  😒😒 😞    😤
😭    😖  😒😔😫

You
"Air, please. Stop fooling around."

Air
"Right.sorry 😅"
"So, Constantine has been hunting Nicholas for over a year now. I'm not sure what he wants to do with him but if anything like our last encounter, Nicholas might be in danger."

You
"Then we find him before Constipation."

Lil🌷
"Please constipation ✋😂💀"

Corrie
"🤣🤣😭"

***

Tonight I'll be sleeping like a baby.