Finding Nicholas

Alonzo came waving at us, as we stood in front of the cafe waiting for him.

"Buongiorno!" He greeted.
It was pretty dark, since it was 6 in the morning.
Lillian was still groggy, and was leaning on to Airon. While Airon shot daggers at Alonzo.

"Why do we have to go this early? Lillian whined.
"The train we are taking will be less crowded. You can also enjoy the view." Alonzo informed.  "Let's go?"

"Yes!" Cora said happily.

•••
As the journey began, we played games, and exchanged snacks, to pass time. It was going to be a 5 hour journey.

"Why are you going to Palermo?" Airon asked Alonzo.
"To visit family. I go there once in two months."
"Why did you leave?" He asked further.
"Crazy family." Is all Alonzo said.

We took that as hint to stop asking questions.

•••
Five hours later, we found ourselves on the Palermo train station.

"Come on. We have to get a taxi." Alonzo called taking the lead.

A thirty minute taxi later, we had reached Alonzo's house. It was huge, with a yard and blooming flowers. The smell of coffee wafted through the air as we entered.

He introduced us to his parents, and his dog. Then took us to the local market. Walking around, Cora's eyes fell on a stall of jewelry so we were draggee after her.

What I found most interesting us the guy sitting at the stall. He had different coloured eyes. Blue and gold.

"Ciao Nico! Come stai?" Alonzo conversed with him.

"Sto bene. Chi sono questi?"
"Amici, turisti."
"Aah."

"You have beautiful eyes." Lillian complimented the guy.

"Grazie Signorina." He smiled.
"I'm Lillian. What's your name?" She asked.
"I'm Nico." He replied Shaking her had.

I didn't think much of it, because Lillian had a friendly disposition in general and was always polite to everyone.

"Nice to meet you." She said further.
He nodded in response and packed Cora her things.

Airon and I shared a look. This had to be Nicholas. How many people here had exceedingly mesmerizing eyes? Not many ill tell you that.

"That's him." I told Airon.
"I agree. But we should still confirm that it's actually him."

"Yeah. Have anything thing in mind?" I asked.
"Actually I do. We invite him to dinner with us, and when no one's watching, throw fire at him, which you'll do. And if he doesn't change forms then Cora can always stop him from getting hurt, if he does change forms..."

"We know it's him." I interrupted. "Sounds like a plan. We have to explain this to Cora."

"Nico, would you like to join us for dinner tonight?" Airon invited.

Cora and Lillian both looked at Airon in surprise.
"Uh" Nico hesitated to answer.
"Yes! Nico come on join us for dinner." I tried convincing him.

He looked at Alonzo, wondering if he should accept the invite.

"Okay. I'll come." He answered reluctantly.

"Great! See you at 7. Alonzo will text you the addeess." I told.

***

"What was that?" Cora questioned Airon and me.

"That was a hunch. We think we have found the guy. All we need now is to know for sure if it's him." Airon replied arrogantly.

"And how are you going to do that?" Lillian chimed in.

After explaining them the detailed version of what we decided, they both were finally on track and decided to move forward with the plan.