To new friends! ~ Cora

Orion and the others left, and i decided to hang around the cafe a little while longer. This was a new place and we needed all the help we could possibly get.

Alonzo had work, but i decided to keep him some company.

"So Alonzo, how long have you worked here?" I asked him as he filled glasses with drinks.

"About two years. Tell me Signorina, why didn't you leave with your friends?" He asked.

"Um, I wanted to make some friends, and you seem like the perfect person.

He chuckled and motioned me to take a seat at the bar stool. He then proceeded to give me pasta dish.

"What's this?"
"Pasta, signorina." He stated.
"You keep calling me signorina, call me Cora." I said taking a bite.

The pasta was delicious.
"This is delicious! What's it called?" I asked, trying not to look like a pig.

"Haven't decided a name yet. Maybe, I'll call it Cora." He smirked.

I playfully hit his shoulder.
"I'm not joking." He said.
"Okay, if you really want to." I agreed.

•••
We spent some more time chatting while he worked, and later when his shift was done, I found out he was not from Catania, but from Palermo.

His family had been crazy and controlling so he fled, in hopes of finding peace.

Nothing says I'm happy better than feeding people with mouthwatering food.

After long, I got a call from Airon wanting me to come at the hotel they had booked.

So, I left. Not before exchanging numbers though.