Progress~ Lillian

After Cora, Orion and Airon left, I placed a chair in front of Nicholas and handed him some water.

"Nicholas uh sorry Nico how long have you lived in Palermo?" I tried to sound gentle.

He looked at me, a moment too long before answering.

"All my life."
"How old are you?"
"19"
"Okay. What's your mom's name?" I asked.

A strained expression appeared on his face, his eyes turned a shade darker.

"I'm an orphan. Never knew my parents."
"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that."

He rolled his eyes In response.
"Hey! I'm trying to sympathize okay."
"Well I don't need your sympathy Lillian."

This guy was making it really hard to keep a straight face.

"Can you try to change forms?" I asked
"Do I look like I can?" He said as if it was obvious.

"Well we'll only know if you try. I'll guide you through it." I added.

"I'm pretty sure this is all a weird dream and when I wake up I'll still be in Palermo."

He shut his eyes trying to concentrate. But when he opened them and found me staring at him, he sighed in frustration.

"You're still here." I informed, a small smile appearing on my lips.

He didn't say anything, but stared at my lips, and when he realized he was staring, he quickly looked away in embarrassment.

"Close your eyes." I instructed ".. Now picture a dragon in your mind. Keep your breaths even. Don't panic."

He did as was told.

"Your nerves need to be calm. You won't change until you find peace."

"How can I be fucking peaceful when I'm tied like a dog." He pounded his fists onto the arms of the chair.

"Ugh. Can't you atleast try to find peace?!"

"No." He bluntly replied.

"Oh-kay. I'm done. Cora can handle you." I got up and was about to open the door, when he called after me.

"Wait! Please don't send her in." He begged.

"If you won't co-operate, I'll will have to."

"Fine. I'll try."

So we began again.

He tried concentrating again, he came close to changing. His finger nails were beginning to turn into talons, and the faint outline of scales was starting to appear on his olive skin, but it would fade away.

We must have tried for about two hours when finally, one of his hands turned.

He examined it with a worried expression.

"See, you are one of us. It's just taking you longer to change cause you know nothing about it."

"This can't be real. I can't be one of you. What drugs did you give me?" He asked in a sharp tone.

"Nothing. I gave you nothing. It's in your blood."

"Bullshitt. I've never felt anything but human my entire life. You've clearly drugged me. I'm not going to be your little experiment."

"You know what? I think I've had enough of your rambling for one day. Bye."

•••
I went upstairs to find the three of them lounging comfortably. The audacity.

"He tried changing. Just his hand though. He refuses to accept that he's a shapshifter. Claims we drugged him."

They began laughing.

"I must say, he's a hell of a joker." Orion tried to hold in his laughter.

•••
When Airon and I got home, mom and dad were already asleep.

We went to our rooms to freshen up. But the entire time, my mind kept wandering back to our hostage. If it weren't for the circumstances, I probably would find him cute.