The Kidnapping of Nicholas Zane

The evening rolled around, and the six of us were seated in a beach side restaurant with a table full of food.

Casual conversations went back and forth and when it was time for after dinner drinks, Cora sent Alonzo away.

There weren't any other guests in the restaurant, so this was the perfect time.

While he was engrossed in conversation with Lillian, I prepared for blowing fire.

I stood up, and willed to change forms. My body grew, and was covered in firey orange scales. Wings propped up on my back and eye sight sharpend.

I blew fire at him, but he didn't so much as bat an eyelash in my direction.

He sat through the whole things, not moving.

If he were human, he would be dead by now. Burnt to a crisp.
That proves my theory that he is one of us.

"Nicholas" Airon said, as he calmly moved behind him.
"Who? My name is Nico." He answer.
"Quit playing dumb. We know you're Nicholas Zane."

"What are you talking about." He looked at us dumbfounded.

"Do you know this man." Lillan held a picture of Constantine before him.

"Even if I did why would I tell you?"

"You will tell us, or you will die. The choice is yours." Cora had a deadly look in her eyes. Something that happened rarely.

"O-okay. Yes. He is the father at our local church."

"Have you talked to him recently?" I interrogated.

"Haven't seen him for over a year."

"You're coming with us." I informed.

"No I'm not. I'm not going anywhere with you."

"You don't have a choice Nicholas. You come with us to our world." Airon gritted through his teeth.

I looked at Lillian, giving her the signal.
She immediately willed a vine and tied it around his hands and feet. Next she blew some blue powder at his face and he instantly fell unconscious.

We had to leave. Like now.
We rushed outside, but were stopped when Cora decided she had to be courteous and wanted to leave Alonzo a note.

•••

If it wasn't for her we would have made it to our hotel.

But Constantine decided, now would be the perfect time to attack us. Typical.

He changed forms, becoming a 17 foot gold dragon. I knew it would be impossible to win if we attacked, so we stuck on defense. Airon left Nicholas's limp body on the ground away from our chaos.

I breathed fire in his eyes to distract him while Lillian grew vines to tie him down.

Airon and Cora work together tripping the Gold dragon, I bit his wing, just the way he had hurt mom.
We were all simultaneously trying to get away from him, but he called in his punks.
Smaller air dragons.

So I had no choice but to use the smoke bomb me and Lillian had made.

It wasn't completely harmless, once activated, it could produce smoke to last for a few hours and make eyes itch.

I dropped said bomb and pick Nicholas up, set him on my back and the four of us fled to our hotel.

We just had to go through the process of the portal ritual. And we would be safe.

***

We set up the sage candles, moonstone and the bowl of our blood. Nicholas was now awake but very tense. He was still tied up, as we feared he would run.

He mumbled something incoherent.
"Shut up!" Airon yelled through the bathroom.

"Cora can you hurry up already?" He proceed to whine at her.

"Almost done. Stop being a baby!" She scolded.

"Done!" Lillian yelled.

Nicholas continued to mumble. So out of pity I pulled down the cloth on his mouth.

"Where are you taking me?"
"Back home."
"This is my home. I've lived here my entire life!"

"Darling, do you really think you're human? You didn't die when Orion breathed fire at you. Which proves you are not in fact human. You're one of us."
Lillian patronized.

"I'm not one of you. You're monsters. I've seen what you tur into. You're filthy creatures who deserve to die." Nicholas seethed.

"Shut your pie hole now, before I make you." Cora was Oh-fended! If she wanted she could make his life very miserable, she'd make him regret he was ever born.

She's one person on my list not to cross. It's better to have her by your side than against you.

Airon and i managed to drag him as he struggled in our grasp.

We stood him in front of the bath tub, Cora went through first, followed by Lil.

"What witchcraft is this?" Nicholas asked in terror, his lips trembling.

Airon held the bridge of his nose and sighed.
"I don't have the patience for this."

"Stop asking questions and move along." I pushed him forward.

"I'm not going! Let me go!" He resisted.

"I've had enough." Airon took the cloth and wrapped it over his mouth.

"Get his legs. I'll get the arms." He ordered.

We picked him up and went through.