Evidence

I decided to checkout the schools library, to see if there was anything about our constipation

Turns out, my parents and him were thick as thieves in high school. They formed the inter school shapeshifting games that are held annually.

If they were as close as these records claim, why didn't I know him? Surely, he would still be around when I was born.

And if they were so close, why did he kill my mom? Nobody gives me straight forward answers. It's frustrating.

After spending a few more hours at the library, I walked to the back of the school. A familiar scent of wet earth filled my nose giving me a sense of comfort.

I went to the huge oak tree in the middle of the meadow with daisies littred at its base, and lied down, looking up at the clouds. Birds chirped at a distance. The place looked something right out of a fairytale.

I didn't realize I had drifted off to sleep, until a cold breeze blew my way. It was already dark so, I didn't have time to walk home. I had to change forms.

Willing my body to transform, I felt my face elongating, and scales forming on my skin. My eye sight got a hundred times sharper and wings appeared on my back.

Letting out a loud shriek, I lifted from the ground. The full moon was out tonight, illuminating the land in a ghostly glow.

•••
I reached home within minutes and found dad already home. He was in the kitchen cooking something.

"Orion! Good you're home. I'm making chicken soup for dinner. Is that alright?" He asked looking up from the pan.

"Yeah that's fine." I replied blandly, and turned to leave, when it clicked.

I could ask him about Constantine.

"Uh- hey dad? I wanted to ask you something."
"Yes?"
"Who's Constantine?"

He froze. And had a stony expression on his face.

"Dad?"
"Why do you ask?" He questioned coldly
"I found some old school yearbooks in the library."
"Oh. He used to be my best friend."
"Used to?"
"We haven't talked in years. He left town."
"Did mom know him?"

Another silence. Not an awkward one, it was as if he was measuring how much he wanted me to know.

"No. She didn't. They were acquaintances."
"Oh okay. I'll get going then."

•••

Loca🔥🐲🌊🌪

You
"Constantine was friends with my parents. My dad lied when I asked him if mom knew him"
"He's hiding something. "
"I also found this in the library"

 ""I also found this in the library"

"That's the three of them"

Air
"They were friends?"

Lil🌷
"Your mom was soo hot!"

Corrie
"Fr. I'd die for her."

You
"Yeah mom was gorgeous❤. "
"Anyways, I asked dad if he knew Constipation, but he lied to me."

Air
"We can't trust your dad. DON'T. I MEAN DO NOT TALK TO YOUR FATHER ABOUT THIS."

YOU
"YES SIR! 😼"

Corrie
"😂"

***

•••
I never thought I wouldn't be able to trust my dad. The fact that he blatantly lied to my face without a second thought, told that this wasn't the first time.

Before I could ponder over this, I got called down for dinner.

I must admit, the soup was exceptional. Just the right amount of sweet and savoury.

After dinner, I didn't hang around dad solely because I couldn't be in the same room without prying for bits of information.

So i did the next best thing I could think of.
Catch up on my reading.