Chapter 7- the Recovery

He takes my bruised arms and embraces me with his kissing me on the forehead as we conjoined. I listen to the pace of his heart beat and the constriction between our tight connection. I itch at the bandage on my head. My bright teary eyes looking up at him. He grabbed my head pressing me deep into his sunken chest as he weaped and cried like a sad child. "he's away he can't-he - he...he can't hurt you" tom explains a tone of panic caking his words a sickening line to my ears. Tears began dripping onto his pale blue t-shirt. As we held eachother and cried the way his arms incase me brought me a sense of peace and stillness that comforted me deeply yet still causing tears to flow to the ground. He pulls away and throws an arm over my shoulder as we walk to the hospital exit I let a sigh of relief as I run towoards avery. She embraces me strongly lifting me off my aching legs as we both giggle. Tom watches from behind not taking a break from looking away his heart longing for me.

I walk up the driveway to meet georg and my mother. They all smile and embrace me in a warm hug tom and avery watching from the car. As I pull away from the group hug my mum kisses my cheeks and head as I turn rouge from embarressment, "ma-m..mama I'm good, I fine" I say as she holds my arms I shake off the flashback and she holds my face carefully letting out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad" I turn and see tom I walk up to him and hug him whispering into his ear "thank you." I repeat the same to avery and out the corner of my eye I see a long tall and slim figure. I tense up and turn my head. Walking down the early morning grass entry and stare into bills eyes. I stop in my tracks keeping a fair distance away from him." wha-" he goes to place a hand on my shoulder but I pull away resisting from his earges he hands my the flowers and rubs his t-shirt lining. "I just - I came by because for some reason I can't help but feel it's my fault you got-.." he pauses so I finish his sentence raising an angered eyebrow "hurt" he frowns and goes a paler grey he stratches the back of his head and I turn my eyes aching front the bright sun. Tom stares in fury, rage colouring his eyes black as his wrath brings a deep fear in me and the boy stood forward with a sorrowful and expression. I hold the flowers by my side and remove myself from the situation ambling towards avery. As he lowers his head dejected a tear rolling from his cold eyes as he walks aimlessly down the treat dogs barking from the reflection af the stale pond water in the streat, a pale thunderstorm shading the sky to holds my hand and my eyes tear up. Walking inside I wipe my eyes ignoring them waving tom and avery stand rejected. "what do you think happened between them"
"I don't know" tom pauses "we'll give her time" tom steps back into the car slowly "where are you go-" tom cuts her off "I'm finding bill" "can you drop me home"
Tom looks up through the smoothie glassy windows and at avery tall slim frame protected by a jacket and her breathe expelling into the air. "get in then" avery walks around the car and slips in through the door. "tell me about what happened with evei.."
"what?.." avery replies fiddling with her loose dreads "I want to know how she hurt my girlfriend" tom perilously exclaimed a fierce expression washing over him.