Chapter 1: Rebirth

A/N: This story is purely fictional and not meant to offend anyone. If there are and coincidental parallels to real persons or places, this is by no means intended.
Now I wish you all a happy adventure in this world I'm proud to call my own!

••••••••••••••••

  The ragged breath that escaped his mouth painted a foggy grey into the air. The cold wind made him shiver as he ran down the dark street, that was now engulfed in a deafening silence.

  The leg that the hunter had shot him in didn't exude any pain, but he knew that it only didn't because it had now turned numb. Blood painted the ground behind him red, the warm liquid flowing out of the wound in his leg. A huff escaped his lips, pained but muffled. The men following him shouldn't hear him, if the got him they would certainly kill him. He was sure of that.

  "Where is that little bloodsucker?!", one of the men screamed, anger present in his voice. Their little game of chase had been going on since dawn and the sun now had already set again, making it easier for Theon to hide in the dark corners of the quiet road.

He tried to calm his breath, his hands trembling and clasping the hem of his shirt. He practically begged every god he knew of that the men wouldn't find him. Just the thought of the cold eyes of these men made him cower in fear. One thing he had never thought he would feel in regards to people like them.

  'How did they find me?' he thought, his eyes frantically searching for signs of the men that had been following him all day. 'I shouldn't have gone out of the manor while this body is so damn weak...'

  He sank even further behind the trash bin that he had sought out as his hideout. The men were still loudly discussing where their target could have run off to, oblivious that said boy was currently hiding just twenty feet away from them. To the boy's luck, the blood, that he had left behind whilst his hurried escape, stayed unnoticed and the men left after what felt like an eternity, but actually were just around five minutes.

  Theon only left his hideout long after they had left, his heart still pounding loudly in his chest. The sun was already climbing up the sky, giving it a pink and purple color. Theon ignored the beautiful scenery in front of him, totally oblivious to it because of the adrenaline still coursing through his veins, and then made his way back to where the hunt had started. Now that the hunters weren't that near behind him, he was able to calm down a bit, but he still had his guard up, after all they could find him at any time.

  In his 27 years of living he had never been that afraid. Of course, he had already felt the thrill of hunting prey, sinking his teeth into them. It was what a Vampire did, after all, it was what his supposedly father had shown him after he had been reborn here.

He had also already felt how it was to hunt. As a hunter he had been the nightmare of every vampire in the capital and beyond it, so he had also fought with enemies stronger than him already, of course. But being hunted like this, without a real means to protect himself was a different thing altogether.

He had been strong back then, but at the same time he also knew that the thirteen year old body that he possessed at the time was really frail, he wouldn't stand a chance against any of the hunters that had been following him just now, even though his martial art talent was quite outstanding.

  He entered the big estate that had been his "home" for the last three months through the big front gates that his "father" had built to prevent anyone from entering. The metal gave of a disturbed screech, bringing him to shield his sensitive ears.

  "Young master Lucifer, you're back!" someone suddenly exclaimed, making their way to the young vampire. When the person came near him, he realized that it was Lawrence, a servant that had been in the manor since his body had been born.