Chapter 11: Revelations

••••••••••••••••

The silence that took over the room was deafening and a shiver ran down Theon's spine at the words of the other. What was he supposed to say now?

"What is your connection with him?" Tyler asked again, a low growl now present in his voice. He stepped another step near Theon, resulting in the other getting backed into a wall.

"You know my connection with him. He was killed by my father. I do not know of any other connections. And our fighting style? I do not wish to be compared with someone like him."

"You are a good liar. Another thing that Theon was good at too," Tyler meant, now a smirk plastered on his face. "You knew him, didn't you? Is he really dead? Did he teach you? If yes, bring him to me!"

Theon unwillingly shrunk back a bit. The man before him seemed nearly... crazed. Nothing like the Tyler he had known back then when they had worked together.

"I really don't know what you want from me!" Theon meant defensively. "Theon White died more than a decade before! How could he still be alive?"

Tyler sighed, his gaze now locking with the boy's ruby coloured one.

"You really remind me a lot of him..." he meant, his hand grasping Theon's chin, forcing him to look upward. "Even these eyes... so much like his..."

Theon felt another shiver run down his spine. What was up with Tyler?! He had never been like that back then. Right now, he seemed nearly obsessed with Theon.

Theon grabbed the other's arm and pulled it away from his chin, the grip of the other loosening in the process.

"What are you doing, Tyler?" he growled and stepped around the other to bring distance between them. The other had come a bit too close to his liking.

Only after he had did so did he see the smile that was now present on the other's face.

He had misspoken! No one had ever called Tyler that way but him!

"So you really not only are like him, you are him..." Tyler meant, a fascinated glint in his eyes. "How could something like this ever happen? What happened after your death?"

He sounded certain about it, too certain.

  "What nonsense are you even spouting? I am not that friend of yours!" Theon disagreed strongly, trying to keep up an unrelenting facade. But deep down, his heart was nearly beating out of his chest, making him fear that the other would hear and realize that he was lying.

  Suddenly, the other took a fast step forward, resulting in Theon backing away again. Like cat and mouse they kept up that game of chasing and avoiding for a while.

  "How could I not recognize you, Theon?" Tyler then cooed, making Theon's hair stand. The other's tone was bittersweet, but a sense of loathing was present in it.

  "You were my best friend back then, the only person I really cared about... How could I not recognize you?", Tyler meant, again stepping closer to the other.

Theon backed away even further, his back once again nearing a wall. But before he could move any more, he felt two arms tightening around him and he was pulled into an embrace by the other.

  "P-please don't... please don't leave me again..." the other meant, his voice shaking from choked-back tears that now started to flow.

  Theon froze, a stupified expression had taken over his face.

  He and the other painted quite the bizarre picture. The tall hunter turned vampire, crouched down and hugging the little vampire in front of him. Tears wetting the boy's shoulder, who was just standing there, frozen by his stupor.