Chapter 12: ...Problems

••••••••••••••••

  Theon sweat dropped at the commotion that now started ro arise. More and more people streamed onto the street, eager to at least catch a glimpse of the "hunter" that the woman from before had claimed she spotted.

  He looked back and saw Tyler and Adam, standing infront of one another. They had not yet ceased their bickering, but now the tense situation and the gazes from the people all around seemed to agitate them quite a lot and they looked as if they were close to going for eachother's throats.

  Theon went near them and then stood im front of them to shield them from view. Which did not work at all, considering his... relatively small height.

  "What nonsense are you talking about? There are no hunters," he exclaimed, trying to get the people to leave. "There is nothing here to see, so I advise you to go and mind your own business-"

  Before he could end his sentence though, loud footsteps once again approached and the crowd split, hastily making way for whoever was now coming. The murmuring and gossip from the crowd stopped completely, but Theon was able to make out a faint "imperial guards" from two woman in the front rows of the crowd.

  And just as he had suspected from the sounds of the heavy footsteps, a group of strong looking vampires came into his view. All of them were clad in light but sturdy looking armor and all wore dark expressions.

  They were led by a tall, white haired woman with orange-red eyes. She wore a long, silver saber on her hip, her right hand resting on the scimitar's hilt. Small ornaments of vampires decorated the black scabbard and seemed so realistic as if they were just about to flap their wings and vanish into the sky.

  Theon was captivated by the strong, but nonetheless dark, aura of the woman for a few moments but snapped out of it when she raised her voice, her dark and somewhat unfriendly tone making the boyish and somewhat naive part of him flinch.

  "What are you doing here, hunter?" she asked, her words resulting in an uproar of the people standing nearby. The woman had been right after all! There was actually a hunter in their midst!

  "I don't know what you are talking about, ma'am... There really is no hunter here, so-" Theon started, a second now somewhat desperate attempt to divide the other's attention. His right hand behind his back signed the hunter behind him to leave.

  Adam, who had by now also realized in how much of a grave situation he had gotten himself by now slowly inched backwards, trying to vanish into the crowd.

  But before he could leave, the tip of a blade appeared right before his neck, stopping him from moving.

  "Quite curious indeed... I never met a hunter on vampire territory, even less one that got a vampire child to defend them... But your scent is giving you away. How foolish to believe that no one would expose you," the vampire woman cooed, her tone still cold as ice, but by now a hint of interest was also present in it. Her lips were formed into a smile and her fangs glistened in the morning sun.

  Adam flashed her a glance, a cold and calculated expression taking over his face. With the tip of the blade near his neck and the crowd behind him, who would certainly not let him through, he was pretty much stuck, unable to leave in either direction.

  "No intention to speak, huh? Then I will need to make you speak when I interrogate you," the woman meant coldly as she raised her blade. A silver light shone, but when her saber was supposed to hit the other, it found nothing more than air.