Chapter 4: A long needed reunion

Enjoy the 4th chapter of this book ;).

••••••••••••••••

While Theon told the other his story, the hunter just fell silent, an unreadable expression on his face. Theon wasn't able to read his thoughts but he just kept on talking, trying to explain himself and filling the awkward silence that had grown between these both.

Adam's gaze followed the other's every move. He still held him by his neck, even though his hold had grown a little bit less strong as to let the young vampire talk.

With every second the speech of the other continued, Adam grew more and more confused. The other claimed to be a reborn version of his adoptive father that he had lost when he was seven. The death of the other had been a real shock for him, ofcourse, the other had been the most important person in his life up to that point, and now that vampire claimed to be said hunter, how could that ever be true?

After a while Theon ended his speech with a summary of the last days and the things that had happened to him in the body of Lucifer Arcado, whose identity he allegedly got after getting reborn.

"You really want me to believe you this story, huh?" Adam said, sending him an unbelieving look.

Theon just sighed. He had anticipated this outcome. Of course, it was quite unbelievable that someone, or more likely one's human father, was supposed to have been reborn as a vampire. He breathed out a frustrated sigh, and turned around to look at the other.

  "Then ask me something, that only I - your master - could know. I'll certainly be able to answer you, and if I wont, you can kill me, just like you wanted from the start."

  "You seem to really like gambling with your life, huh?" Adam said, his hayel eyed gaze now locking with the ruby red one of the vampire. "Then I'll follow that little game of your's for now. Okay, tell me. What was my favourite drink back then?"

  He earned a sarcastic gaze and a: "That's really the best you could come up with?". Theon sighed at the stupidity of the other and then answered his question with a "warm milk with a spoon of honey".

The hunter nodded, a bit of disbelieve present on his face. The vampire infront of him had answered correctly... Had he really spoken the truth?

"Then to the next question... What was the most important thing my father taught me? If you really are him, then you would be able to answer that, no?" the hunter continued his questioning, earning a nod from the other.

"The most important thing I've taught you was to: first: Never trust anyone you do not know, second: Always keep you guard up, even when you feel save, and third: Protect yourself, your friends and your family to the best of your abilities. There are seventeen more, but is that enough for now?" Theon answered him shortly, resulting in the hunter to pull him even closer and hug him.

"So you really are my father..." the other said, astonishment present in his slightly shaking voice. He wouldn't have believed that the other would have been who he had claimed to be, especially after he hadn't seen his father in more than a decade, but he was more than sure that he indeed was Theon White. His posture and the way he acted had been strangely familiar from the moment they met and now Adam knew why. After a while he sighed, let go of the other a little bit and then asked the question that had been torturing his mind for the last minutes.

"But how did you get reborn like this? Especially in the body of a vampire. And how can you be so calm?! It was a digusting vampire who took you away from me after all!" Theon sighed after Adam had asked this question.