Chapter 13: Back to school but not out of trouble

••••••••••••••

This. Was. Too. Much. Pressure!

Theon felt himself shrinking back into the cussions of the gauzy red sofa that stood in the middle of the headmaster's office. The other vampires all had taken their places on the couches opposite to him and stared at him with expectant gazes.

"I-" just as he was about to start talking, the big wingdoors of the room where opened without any announcement. Tyler strode into the room, a cold expression on his face.

"Whatever you wanted to say, there's no need to say it. The case has been closed and the hunter has fled. No need to make such a fuss over it," he stepped behind Theon, his right hand grasping the boy's shoulder.

The other people in the room felt their jaws drop. How could Tyler van Grey defend anyone?! Wasn't he always the passive aggressive type that hated other people?!

"I think it's not necessary to stop me from speaking, right?" Theon shot him a cold glance. Tyler knew better than anyone that he wasn't a child and that he wasn't dumb enough to tell them any important information.

This was the second thing that shocked all the others. First, Tyler defending Theon and now Theon acting all aggressive! Wasn't he always friendly and good to other people?!

"What exactly happened when you were gone, Theon? And what was your role in it, Mr. Grey?" Luke asked, an interested but guarded tone in his voice. He had known Theon for a while now and no one had made him act like that.

"Th- Mr. Arcado was kidnapped by a hunter and when I tried to rescue him - I had seen the hunter take him away - General Freda helped us. But due to a bout of confusion, Lucifer defended the hunter, thinking that he was falsely accused. This resulted in the hunter managing to flee from the imperial guards and caused quite a ruckus," Tyler said all that with a cold and uninterested voice, earning stupified expressions from the others.

"You defended a hunter?" Jason asked. But he didn't seem as opposed as Theon would have expected, more interested and amused. "I wouldn't have thought you would do something like that."

Theon sent him a deadpanned expression. He ''was not the type to do something 'like that'"? The boy clearly didn't know him all that well then. Back when he had been younger, he had caused all sorts of ruckus and had been a real headache for the advisers at the hunter corps.

"Like I said, he was brainwashed by the hunter. It was not his fault. If you could excuse us now..." Tyler pulled Theon up by his shoulder, ready to take him out of the room.

"I think I can very well decide wether I want to leave or not, right?" Theon spat, his gaze pretty much piercing the vampire next to him. "I'm not opposed to having a looong conversation about what has happened, but not. right. now."

Tyler stared back at him for a second, before an apologizing and embarassed smile took over his lips.

"Ofcourse, take your time..." he turned aroundand swiftly left the room. But unknown to him, Theon had seen the resignation in his eyes and the way his fist clenched.

Theon felt a laugh bubble up in his stomach. The other really had and hadn't changed, had he? Behind him, Luke suddenly cleared his throat loudly, interrupting Theon's line of thoughts.

"I didn't know you and Mr. Van Grey were that close? Did something happen between you two when you were kidnapped?" the teens looked at Theon with interesting looks, making him feel... kinda uncomfortable.

Had they no other hobbies than pry into other people's lives? Theon sighed deeply and then started constructing one of the biggest lies he had ever told.