ELEVEN, freddie's funeral.

enchantedchapter 11, freddie's funeral

enchanted
chapter 11, freddie's funeral.

•❃°•°❀°•°❃•

1921, Small Heath, Birmingham

Freddie Thorne was dead which was sad but it also meant that Ada was back in Birmingham so Rory got to see her aunt even if it was just for a day. Rory remembered picking up the phone to a crying Ada.

The sound of the phone ringing put a stop to Rory and Isaiah's bickering since Finn had given up at least half an hour ago and so had Louise, the two of them sitting side by side on one sofa their heads in their hands.

Rory made her way to the phone where she able to make out through Ada's sobs, "Freddie died, Roro."

"What?" she asked, confused. "No, he can't be dead. Auntie Ada tell me this is a joke." Isaiah's head whipped to the girl, Louise and Finn following.

"I wish it was kid," Ada spoke with a whisper while trying to calm Karl down. "Is your dad or Esme there?"

"No, they're both at work but Louise is," Rory told her motioning for the nanny to walk over. Louise stood beside Rory with a confused look as she leant down to try figure out what was going on. "I can put her on if you want?"

"Can you please?" Ada asked and the girl passed the phone to the nanny.

"Hello?"

"Hi, when either John or Esme get back can you please tell them that-" Ada sniffled. "Sorry. Can you please tell them that Freddie passed please." By the end of her sentence the woman's voice lowered to a whisper.

"Yeah," Louise nodded and cleared her throat. "Yeah, I'll tell them."

"Thank you."

"Ada, before you go. Ring me if you need anything," Louise told her.

"I will," she nodded."Thank you and can you tell Rory I love her please?"

"Yeah, I will."

"Thank you."

•❃°•°❀°•°❃•

Rory laid sulking in her bed, refusing to get up and ignoring Esme's shouts. "Rory I'm not going to tell you again. Get up so I can do your hair!" Esme shouted once again from the bottom of the stairs with the hairbrush in her hand.

"No! I'm not going!" Rory shouted back and pulled her pillow over her head.

"John!" Esme shouted to her husband who was standing in the doorway of Rory, Katie and Alice's bedroom.

"I'm sorting it!" John shouted back.

"I don't need sorting just leave me with Louise and I'll be fine," Rory muttered to her dad.