SIXTEEN, meeting michael.

enchantedchapter 16, meeting michael

enchanted
chapter 16, meeting michael.

°•°°•°

When Rory woke up, she brushed her teeth but couldn't bring herself to look at her reflection in the mirror and made her way to her room to get dressed wincing when she saw the bruise on her arm and then made her way downstairs to find her parents having a hushed, heated conversation. "Where's Eve?" she asked.

"I took her home when she woke up," John replied and Rory looked at the back of his head and nodded even though he couldn't see her.

"Why are you two acting weird and won't you look at me?" she asked her dad.

"We're not acting weird, I'm going to drop you off at Pol's then I'm going to the Garrison," he replied standing putting his coat on.

"I don't have a cardigan anymore," she replied, looking down listening as Esme ran upstairs to get her one of Katie's. "Wear this until tomorrow and we'll go get you a new one." As they walked down the street, Rory was more aware of her surroundings and the people walking past her taking mental pictures of their faces.

When she walked in Pol's house she called out, "Pol? Where are you?"

"Kitchen, darling," she shouted back and turned to Michael saying. "This is Rory she's John's eldest daughter."

As she walking into the kitchen she saw Pol sitting with a boy, older than her but not that old. "Who's this?" she asked.

"Rory, meet Michael. My son," Pol replied smiling and Michael stood up going to shake her hand but Rory shook her head. "Not to seem rude, I just don't want anyone touching me but it's nice to meet you," she smiled and Michael nodded, sitting back down.

"What's up?" Pol asked concerned.

"I don't want to talk about it, I just don't want anyone touching me," she replied in a harsher tone that she wanted.

"I was only asking," Polly replied.

"I know and I'm sorry, I've just had to many people asking if I'm okay about what happened and what happened," she replied sighing.

"Right, are you hungry?" she asked and Rory nodded.

"I'll make you a sandwich, jam?" Pol asked already knowing the answer.

"Yeah please" Rory replied and Pol got on with making her sandwich. Pol had noticed a shift in Rory's behaviour, she was blunt which she hated because she thought it made her sound rude, she was more alert and aware of her surroundings, she was fidgety, the way she stared blankly at the wall next to Michael made him confused but she wouldn't answer her, she was jumpy and then pushed Pol away when she put her hand on the girl's shoulder. "Where's Frey?"