TWENTY, michael's birthday.

enchantedchapter 20, michael's birthday

enchanted
chapter 20, michael's birthday.

°•°°•°

Rory and Esme made their way down to speak to Queen Mary Lee. "Why is it always me?" Rory asked watching Esme shrug.

"I don't know kid but the more people we've got the more protection you've got."

"I know," she agreed.

When they got to the camp Esme walked straight to where she needed to be while Rory lagged behind. As she knocked on the door, she turned to Rory and told her to go see Johnny dogs so the girl wandered off to see the horses. Esme walked over to get Rory so they could go back to the betting shop. "What did she say?" Rory asked when they left the camp.

"She said she'd look after you if it comes to it," Esme told her.

Rory nodded. "Oh good are you going to tell my dad what she said?" she asked.

"Yeah."

They walked into the betting shop and Rory went back to her work while Esme went into John's office to tell him what the Lee's said.

°•°°•°

Since it was Michael's birthday, the Shelby's were sat at the Garrison waiting for him to arrive. "Right, Finn you've got two choices, mild or mild" Rory heard her dad say to the boy sitting next to her, as she stared into the space in front of her. Esme, also sitting next to her, tapped her shoulder. "What's up?" she whispered.

"Nothing," she shook her head in response with a smile.

Esme gave her a pointed look, "I've been married to your dad and known you long enough to know when you're lying to me, Aurora Martha Elizabeth Shelby, so tell me what's up. I won't tell your dad it will be our secret."

"I'm scared. Billy is going to come back and I don't know what he's capable of," she whispered so quiet Esme almost missed what she said.

"Even if he does come back, he won't be able to grab you like he did last time, alright? Me, your dad and your uncles will make sure of it," Esme reassured her.

Rory shook her head. "Everyone said that about Sabini and look what happened, the protection means nothing if they can still get to me. It's all well and good saying I'll have blinders supervising me at all times but when I really need them they're not there and it was my own fault because I told Ada I didn't need anyone to walk me home because it's only ten minutes down the road but regardless of that, my name should have never been mentioned, Pol's right I shouldn't be involved at all, including family meetings," she rambled, losing her breath.