TWENTY-SIX, kisses, confessions and arguments.

enchantedchapter 26, kisses, confessions and arguments

enchanted
chapter 26, kisses, confessions and arguments.

°•°°•°

Eventually Tommy and Grace joined them, and the first thing Tommy did was raise a toast to his wife, holding up his glass with a cigarette hanging from his lips, "To the bride."

"To the bride!" everybody echoed, getting to their feet.

"And now, according to tradition, my best man will say a few words," Tommy said.

"Go on! Here he goes! Go on, Arthur!" John cheered.

Arthur got to his feet, "Right, um, I'm not one for speeches."

"Sing then!" John called.

"I will later, John," Arthur replied, not really thinking about what he was getting himself into by saying that. "But, uh, I do have some words written down here on this piece of paper. This doesn't include everything that I want to say."

"Arthur, just read what we wrote down, okay?" Tommy whispered.

"I will, I will," Arthur said, putting down the paper. "But first... first, uh, a few words from... from the heart."

After Arthur said that Rory glared at Linda knowing that whatever he was about to say was because of her and her prophetic teachings because the old Arthur would have had a drink in him and would have the liquid confidence coursing through his veins, enabling him to stand before a crowd and speak clearly but since Linda claimed that alcohol was poison that should not be ingested.

Now, Arthur was currently sober, not falling prey to the clutches of alcohol save for a few moments of weakness. It was not enough to help him get through this speech, and it showed in the way he was stumbling over his words and Rory felt bad for him.

"This man here, my brother Tommy, helped me survive through some of the worst times," Arthur explained.

"It's a wedding, Arthur," Michael said. "Tell a joke."

"Yeah, tell a joke," John agreed.

"What I'm trying to say is that... my brother and the love of a good woman pulled me through that time." Arthur said. "Now Tommy also has the love of a good woman. Her name's Grace, like the grace of the good lord. And even though the circumstances of their union was tragic..."

"Alright," Tommy interjected loudly, standing up and banging his fist against the table. "Let's, uh... Arthur. Let's raise a toast, eh? To love, to peace, to marriage."

"Well done, Arthur," John commended. "Beautiful speech. Really nice. Really, really nice."

Rory watched Arthur leave with a sympathetic look on her face the looked towards her dad, "Will you leave him alone he was trying his best, the old Arthur wouldn't have acted like that, it's all because of Linda."