Chapter 2

🍷

"My head..."

You sat up from your bed, groaning in frustration. You had managed to get so drunk yesterday that you slept through the rest of the day and throughout the night. You figured Rosaria must have carried you back home, considering this wasn't your first time you've passed out at the tavern.

Getting up, you felt dirty since you got soaked in the rain yesterday. Yawning, you looked for an aspirin in your medicine cabinet before getting in the shower.

You prepared yourself for the day, remembering how Kaeya told you that the Acting Grand Master wanted to see you. You hoped it just wasn't his drunk state that caused him to say that.

Walking out of your house, you were greeted by a warm breeze. A few puddles were here and there, but the sun was out and that immediately boosted your mood.

"Good morning, Miss L/N." Your landlord, Mr. Goth, greeted you as you walked out of your house.

"Morning." You waved. "What are you doing up so early?"

"Ah, trying to see if Miss Mona is here. She is quite behind on her rent." Mr. Goth explained.

"If it's that bad, you can just add her rent to mine. I don't mind." You said.

"Oh, is that so? A true Knight you are." He smiled.

"It's no problem. I have enough mora to cover it." You replied. "Anyways, I should be heading off now."

"Alright. Take care."

"You too."

You shared your goodbyes and walked down the streets of Mondstadt. The wind felt nice as it blew over your skin as you made your way to the Knights of Favonius' headquarters.

"Morning, Miss L/N." Another Knight greeted you with a salute.

You returned the greeting, heading inside the building.

Turning towards your left, you opened the door to the office.

"Hm? Oh, Y/N." Jean, the Acting Grand Master, was sitting on her desk, clearly lost in thought.

"Morning, Jean." Despite her being your superior, the two of you were fairly close. You started cutting the formalities with her when you climbed your ranks within the Knights.

"I assume Kaeya told you to come see me." She said.

"Yeah. What's this about?" You noticed the slip of paper she was holding.

"I'd like to assign a job for you." She stated blatantly. "Although I would do it myself, I figured you'd be quite interested in it."

"Oh?" You put your hands on your hips, smiling.

She nodded her head. "The Fatui have mobilized quite a lot of its members lately around Mondstadt. This was reported to me, and I had someone investigate the situation."

You scoffed. "The Fatui..."

Jean sighed. "I know your hatred for them, but this task seems more suited for you than anyone else. According to this report, a 'delusion' has been withheld within Mondstat's land."

You tilted your head. "That's it? Just a simple search party put together for a delusion?"

"Although that's what it seems like, it's more to the story. Apparently, this delusion is rather unstable. It has caused multiple breakages in the elemental flow in Mondstat. Hilichurls, Regisvines, and even Slimes have been getting agitated from the sudden change in the atmosphere. This has caused a lot of dangerous situations to happen." She explained.