Chapter 6

🍷

"The elemental energy here is strong."

You and Diluc were hiding in bushes while you watched a group of Abyss Mages and strange wolves scout the area. As you grew closer and closer towards Springvale, you could feel the air grow thick and your mind becoming foggy.

"Hm. The shard must be close." Diluc pulled out the first shard you secured from the Regisvine. "Look."

You watched it glow softly, which was different from when you first recovered it. "...It's like a compass."

"We can treat this as a game of 'Hot and Cold'. The brighter it glows, the closer we are." He said, pushing it back in his pocket.

"Springvale looks deserted." You said, looking back at the small village.

"The locals must have evacuated because of the Mages." Diluc's voice grew darker. "There's a good number of them."

You looked back over the bush, seeing a pyro and cryo Abyss Mage float back and forth along the path. An electro one was seen by itself inside a small wooden hilichurl tent.

"...I'll take the purple one." You said, slowly grabbing your weapon.

"Be careful." Diluc warned. "These are no ordinary Mages."

You nodded, moving away from the bush. You snuck around the first two Mages with ease, making your way over to the electro one.

Your presence startled it as you lunged towards the tent.

It quickly spun up, summoning its purple shield around it. You watched it throw a lightning orb towards you, and you used your pyro vision to slice through it.

You could hear Diluc attacking the other Mages behind you, causing the hilichurls and wolves to awaken.

"...Shit." You grit your teeth, continuing to dodge the electro Mages' attacks.

Eventually, you saw an opening and cut through its shield. It cried in pain, its body flying back towards the edge of the tent.

You grabbed your handle at an angle to finish it off, but it wasn't giving up that easily.

A bright flash blinded you for a moment, causing your movements to be thrown off balance. You blinked, trying to find the Mage.

It spun behind you, summoning a ring around your body.

Your jaw clenched as you panicked.

...This is going to hurt.

You felt your body endure the shock, making you writhe in pain as a yelp escaped your mouth. It felt like the shock dragged on and became more painful with every passing second.

The Mage laughed evilly, while you struggling to break free from the ring.

You looked down at your claymore, using your foot to grab it.

You kicked it up, using the last bit of energy you had to swing it towards the Mage.

It pierced through its body, causing it to quickly disintegrate as the ring around you faded away.

You fell to the ground, panting and in pain.

"Damnit..." You stood up, fighting back at your aching body. You pushed yourself out of the tent, grabbing your weapon and watching a Metachurl lunge at you.

It felt like you were fighting for hours until the last purple wolf that charged at you with its claws was finally knocked out with your pyro vision.

You used your claymore as support to take a kneel on one knee as you caught your breath, your body still trembling from the electro infliction.