Chapter 15

🍷

"Oh my... just what on Teyvat did the two of you go through?"

You and Diluc arrived at the Manor, both tired and almost out of breath. You were on the verge of collapsing as he sat you down on a chair.

"We had a run in with a lot of monsters." Diluc said, watching you struggle to keep your eyes open.

Adelinde looked down at your injured state. "Let's get her somewhere more comfortable so she can rest."

Diluc nodded, pulling you up and again and grabbing your waist.

"She can stay in my room for the time being." Adelinde said.

Diluc shook his head. "I'll take her to mine."

Adelinde held back a grin, nodding her head to Diluc's request. She followed him up the stairs to his bedroom with a medical kit in her hands.

Diluc opened the door and brought you into his room. By now, you had finally lost consciousness and couldn't even process what was happening.

He laid you down on his bed, frantically putting his hand to your heart to feel its beat. Once he did, he sighed and let Adelinde step up to you.

She laid the kit down beside you and took off your clothes. Diluc blushed and looked away, reminding himself of the time you only wore a bra when you suffered electrocution from a Mage.

"Hm..." Adelinde examined your wound, opening the kit. "Thankfully, it doesn't seem serious."

"But she'll need stitches, right?" He asked.

She nodded. "I'll take care of her. You don't have to worry."

With that, Diluc felt more relaxed and less tense. "...Good."

Adelinde cleaned off your wound while your chest slowly rose and fell. She stitched and patched you up, while Diluc watched.

"There." Adelinde taped the bandaged over your abdomen, placing the materials back inside the kit. "She'll be in some pain when she wakes up, so I suggest either giving her pain medicine or something to ease her mind."

"...You're not going to be here?" Diluc crossed his arms.

Adelinde blushed and looked down. "Ah, I, um... have a date with... Master Kaeya..."

Diluc sighed. "...Alright. Would Tylenol be fine?"

She nodded. "Yes."

Adelinde left with the kit, leaving both you and Diluc alone once more.

Despite him having plenty of work to do, such as tending to the Manor, going down to his secret basement and carrying out his unusual work, and also dealing with the current task at hand, he wanted nothing more than to stay with you until you woke up.

Going over to his dresser, he tried to figure out where he placed his medicine.

As he did this, you slowly started to open your eyes.

You felt heavy, as if you had been sleep for days. Blinking them, you felt a sharp pain on your stomach, making you wince. 

Diluc exited from his bathroom, holding a red and white bottle while watching you try to sit up.

"...Hey." He approached you and laid you back down.

You furrowed your brows, looking at him. "...The hell..."

"You're fine." He replied, sitting on the edge of the bed. "You were only out for an hour."

You groaned. "...It hurts."