Chapter 14

🍷

"If you had to choose between me or him, who would it be?"

You blinked. "...What do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said." Diluc's demeanor grew back to that stern and complicated individual you first thought him out to be.

"I... can't answer that." You said, looking away. "I don't even know the context of your question."

"...Forget it." Diluc turned around and began walking off.

You silently followed behind him, not knowing what else to say. You had known Kaeya for a long time and was far closer to him than Diluc. But you also knew you couldn't deny that you had small feelings for Diluc as well.

No words were said as the two of you made your way to Stormterror's Lair. Just as you figured, it was windy and eerie, with agitated hilichurls and slimes covering the area.

"...This is too big of a place to cover within a short timespan." You spoke while ducking behind a broken pillar. "We'll have to split up."

Diluc wanted to protest, but he knew your statement was true. "...Alright. You take east, I'll take west."

You nodded, turning to walk off from him.

"...Y/N." He called, making you stop in your tracks.

"Yes?"

"...Be careful." He replied.

"You too." You said.

Jumping over broken pillars and rocks, you sprinted towards the east side of the Lair. You realized you didn't have a shard with you to navigate through the ruins, so you would have to rely on pure intuition.

"Hm..." You tried to gaze out over to the west side of the Lair, wondering if Diluc was carrying a shard.

Just as you were lost in thought, an Abyss Mage popped out in front of you.

You were startled, hearing its dark laugh as it summoned fire around your person.

You jumped up and grabbed your claymore, using your cryo vision to slice through its shield and body.

It cried out and evaporated into the air, while you tried to look around for any other enemies.

You noticed how the top of the Lair ruins seemed to hold violent winds. If the shard had to be located in any place, it had to be there.

You looked back over the east side of the Lair. It was scattered with threats and enemies, but you couldn't find yourself to defeat all of them, since you thought that eradicating the main threat should be the focus.

You remembered how Diluc scolded you about erasing smaller threats and then putting your attention to the main one. You groaned, grabbing the handle of your weapon tighter as you swung down onto a Metachurl.

Damnit, Diluc.

...

"...That's the last one..."

You panted, completely exhausted from all the monsters you had finished off. The fact that you knew you still had two other locations to go to after the Lair made you even more tired than you currently were.

You placed your claymore on your back and took off to the west side of the Lair. You had no idea where or what Diluc was doing, so you just hoped he wasn't cut up into pieces by some hilichurl.

A strong gust of wind blew your body back as you tried to scout the area for Diluc's figure.

"...Diluc?" You shouted out, the blinding wind rendering your vision useless.