Chapter 5

🍷

"So, tell me. What's this mission that you mentioned with Y/N?"

Diluc crossed his arms, glaring daggers at Kaeya. He knew he was sneaky and deceitful, but to go as far as fake passing out just to eavesdrop was a new low, even for him.

"That's none of your business." Diluc stated.

Kaeya chuckled. "It is my business when it concerns my subordinate, no?"

"Just what are you trying to get at?" Diluc scoffed, narrowing his gaze at him.

"Nothing. Y/N isn't some child, you know." Kaeya said.

"..." If he was being honest, Diluc knew of your impressive ranks within the Knights. He also knew Kaeya trained you, but he didn't think your relationship with him was... well, complicated, to say the least.

"Anyways, I am quite hungover. Until next time." Kaeya grinned, walking off. Diluc watched him exit the tavern, making him the last person to leave.

Sighing, Diluc went to the counter and began the nightly close of Angel's Share. They weren't open on Sundays, so tonight, he would be counting earnings and cleaning up.

...

"...This is way below average."

After Diluc finished tidying up the tavern, he prepared the amount of earnings for the week. Considering how Mondstat's citizens frequented this tavern, it was odd to see how the amount earned was far below his usual percentile.

Slowly, he folded up the slip of paper and stashed it under the counter. He had taken out his worker's paychecks, taxes, and a little extra for 'emergencies'.

Once he grabbed the key to the tavern, he walked back up to the balcony to find you.

"...What are you doing?" Diluc watched as you stood on the balcony's ledge, crossing your arms over your chest and letting the breeze flow through your hair.

"...Relaxing." You said back.

"Get down. You'll hurt yourself if you fall." He stated.

You remained still. "...Even if I did, I can take a little fall damage."

Sighing, he walked over to your table and grabbed the bin along with the empty glasses. "...Then come inside, at least. We have work to do."

You waited for a few seconds until you finally hopped down. Following him back inside, you waited for him to clean up your mess.

But since you felt bad, you offered your help. "...I'll clean it up."

He looked back at you over his shoulder. "...Get a rag from over the counter then. I'll clean the glasses."

You shook your head. "I don't want to cause anymore trouble for you."

He surprisingly chuckled. "You've done enough. Besides, I don't need you breaking my wine glasses."

You put your hands on your hips, scoffing. "You think I'm that clumsy?"

"Considering that you couldn't even drink a glass of water properly, yes."

Your cheeks flushed when you remembered what your drunken self had did. "...Fine."

Walking back to the counter, you grabbed a rag and Diluc handed you the bin. You went to the sink to clean it out, almost throwing up again from the sight.

After both of you were finished, you dried off your hands and waited for his orders.

"...Is there something you expect me to say?" He noticed you staring at him.