Chapter 10

🍷

"...Do you drink?"

Diluc felt your hips press onto him as your body started to drag on its dead weight.

"...No."

You tilted your head at his response. "That's so... backwards."

"How so?"

You laughed. "You own a tavern, know how to make almost any alcoholic beverage, and you literally work as a bartender sometimes... but you don't drink."

He hesitated before speaking. "I don't like the taste of alcohol, nor its effects."

"So what do you like?" You asked.

"Grape juice."

You gagged. "It's so bitter. It just doesn't taste right."

He chuckled. "I'm assuming you must have learned that from Kaeya."

You nodded. "Despite how I act around him, he means a lot to me. I wouldn't be a Knight had it not been for his guidance."

Diluc suddenly frowned, taking his eyes off your head. "...How did the two of you meet?"

You hummed, trying to recall past memories. "...When my Papa and Mama were Knights, they were actually the ones who trained Kaeya sometimes. I grew close to him in my childhood at one point, but after they died, I just isolated myself from the world. Kaeya always checked in on me, though. He knew I wanted to be a Knight, but I was so depressed that I just started giving up. Eventually, he bugged me so much about it that I finally gave in and he started teaching me what he learned from my parents."

Diluc's breathing slowed down a bit as you continued.

"When the tryouts for the Knights came about, I failed three times. Kaeya naturally made it on his first try, and despite him taking on a lot of work, he still stuck by my side and was patient with me. My fourth time came around for the tryouts, and I barely passed. I was the lowest of the low. Because of this, he requested that I work under him. Everything after that is just history."

Diluc felt his hands move from the arms of his chair. "...So you look up to him, in other words."

"I hate to admit it, but yes. He's annoying and stubborn, and he always likes teasing me to the point where I just want to hit him. But without him, I wouldn't be anywhere close to who I am now." You crossed your arms, leaning back deeper into Diluc's chest.

Diluc's words were too quick for him to hold back. "...Do you think of him more than just your superior?"

You giggled, tilting your head to the side. "Of course."

Suddenly, you felt Diluc's heartbeat increase.

He spoke again. "In what way?"

You hummed in confusion of his strange questions. "...A very close friend."

"Friend?"

You turned your head to make eye contact with him. He looked down at you, his red eyes low and soft. "What's with this interrogation?"

He sighed. "...Nothing. It's like I said before. Just trying to get to know you better."

You grinned. "By asking me questions of your brother?"

"It's not like that."

"I didn't say it was like anything."

"I just wanted to know how close the two of you were."

"We're close."

"I see that now."

You raised your brow. "...Does that bother you?"

You watched his throat shift as he swallowed. "...Why would it bother me?"

"Because your sidekick hangs out with your brother more than you." You teased.

He groaned. "Your teasing is exactly like his."

You laughed, letting your head fall onto the crook in his neck. You smelled his very faint cologne lingering onto his collar, making you close your eyes. "...You smell nice."

"...Thanks."

You felt his hand brush onto the side of your thigh, not daring to go any further. Opening your eyes once more, you peeked at his hand.

It had faint scars covering them here and there. His fingers were thick, and the image of them covering your entire hand played back into your mind.

You shifted your thigh closer to his hand. His thumb moved over your skin a bit.

"Do you hear that?" You spoke softly into his neck.

"Hear what?"

"The rain."

Diluc silenced himself to listen for the rain outside. He could make out the faint noise of the wind howling, following by a sound of low thunder.

"...I hate the rain." You started. "But when I'm inside and it's dark outside, it puts me to sleep."

Diluc remained quiet while you closed your eyes and moved your hand over his.

Once again, you tried to blame the alcohol for your actions.

You moved his hands to your thighs, rubbing yours over his. You hummed in his neck from the feeling, getting lost in thought.

Diluc slowly started to move his hands around your skin, circling his thumb around your inner thigh before moving it away.

"...You're drunk."

You shook your head. "I'm sober."

"You just downed an entire bottle of wine. You're far from sober." He moved his head back from you to look into your eyes once you opened them. "...And your eyes are low."

"I'm tired." You smiled. "I said the rain would put me to sleep."

You grabbed his hands once more and put them on your stomach. You slowly guided them up to the bottom of your breasts, pausing there.

You looked deeply at him, taking in all his features. A sharp jawline, eyes as red as rubies, and the strands of his hair falling onto his face...

Looking down at his lips, you let your hands fall while his remained in place.

Hesitantly, they moved over to cup your breasts.

You closed your eyes, letting him feel you.

"Master Diluc..." You whispered.

He shook his head while moving his face closer to yours. "... Just Diluc."

You smiled. "Then, Diluc... I—"

A loud roar of thunder ripped through the atmosphere. It caused you to flinch, and afterwards, the lights started flickering.

"...Damnit. The power's out." Diluc removed his hands from his chest and pulled you off of him.

You stood up, trying to look around. You heard him fumble around in his desk and pull something out.

He lit the candle inside the small lamp, making a soft and ambient glow fill the room.

"Great. Just when the mood was set..." You mumbled.

He looked at you for a moment before walking off. "Follow me. If the power's out, that's bad news."

"Bad news how?" You asked, stepping behind him.

"Listen to the wind." He stated, climbing up the stairs to open the door.

You did as he said and listened to the harsh and howling wind.

Your heart sank as you heard another loud boom of thunder.

But it wasn't thunder.

Diluc grabbed your hand, pushing you back down the stairs and giving you the lamp.

"...There's a tornado outside."