Chapter 12

🍷

"These slimes are agitated..."

You and Kaeya were out scouting around the city walls. After the unexpected tornado hit Mondstadt, the Knights were mobilized first thing in the morning to take care of the damage.

You had finished off an electro slime that was abnormally huge. Kaeya flipped his sword over his arm after he finished off a pyro one.

"What a mess..." You wiped yourself from the slime condensate that had splattered into your skin.

"Hm. Mondstadt hasn't seen a tornado since the Stormterror incident..." Kaeya put a hand to his chin. "I wonder what exactly caused the winds to change."

You knew the answer to his question, but you kept it to yourself. The shard that was located in Stormterror's lair had obviously caused the tornado, but since you couldn't publicize that, you acted just as dumbfounded as he.

"Who knows." You wiped off your arms. "The damage is mild. Thankfully there are no casualties."

Kaeya looked down at you. "...We've finished with our scouting. I'll say we should call it a day."

You groaned, feeling your skin stick to itself. "I need a shower..."

Kaeya laughed as you struggled to remove the slime secretions from your body. "Sucks to be you. I'm off for the rest of the day."

You rolled your eyes. "Don't tell me you only came out here just to make yourself useful."

"Of course not." He chuckled. "I was just bored."

You scoffed, but then realized Adelinde's words from earlier. "...You say you're off today?"

"Oh?" Kaeya smirked. "Is my disciple trying to asking me to accompany them throughout their work?"

You huffed. "I'd rather eat the slime I just killed."

He laughed. "Then why did you ask?"

"You know Adelinde, right?" You crossed your arms.

"Of course. I'm in her debt." He replied.

You were going to just put her request bluntly, but you actually wanted to know if Kaeya was even interested in her. At least that way, you could let her down easy. "...What do you think of her?"

"Hm? Where's this coming from?" He asked.

"Just answer my question." You stated.

"Alright, alright." Kaeya hummed. "She's a really helpful lady who's very humble. Even when I try to compensate her for her work, she denies it. I can almost consider her as stubborn as you."

You bit your tongue, realizing this was not the time to be arguing. "How would you feel about getting to know her?"

"I'd be delighted." He said. "She tends to be fairly busy, so I never had the time to ask her out..."

You smiled. "So, you would ask her out on a date?"

"I've thought about it." Kaeya replied.

"Well, lucky you, today will no longer be your off day." You cheered. "I'm going to plan a date for the two of you."

Kaeya looked at you confusedly. "Date? You? Just what do you know about dates?"

You scoffed. "Plenty."

Kaeya smirked, making you look away. "Don't tell me that you've been on one."

You crossed your arms and furrowed your brows. "Of course not! I just know a thing or two."