Chapter 13

🍷

"That's everything. I'm leaving the rest to you."

You and Kaeya finished preparing for the date you planned. You spent majority of the day spending time with him and playing countless rounds of TCG, which was fairly backwards considering he was supposed to be with Adelinde.

"Hm. Guess I should head over to the Winery, then." Kaeya chuckled, placing the basket in the middle of the blanket he had spread out on top of the cliff.

"Mhm. I'm going back to the city." You replied, standing up.

"So soon? Why not join me and make it a double date?" He teased.

"Oh shut up." You rolled your eyes, stealing an apple from the basket.

"Until next time, then." Kaeya waved.

You nodded and the both of you headed your separate ways.

You yawned while walking back over to the city. You barely had enough sleep from last night, considering the storm and your early morning work, so you were left with about three hours of rest before you and Diluc were to head out for the remaining shards.

"Diluc..." You thought aloud, smiling back to the time in the basement. You didn't mean for things to go far, but when he had asked if you could handle him... you were certain that things were indeed going to go far.

Biting your lip, you entered into the city. Thankfully, everything had quieted down. You yawned once more while walking towards your building.

"Evening, Miss L/N." Mr. Goth watched you approach him.

"Evening." You replied back. "How are you?"

"I am well. There was a package left for you outside your door." Mr. Goth gave the brown box he was holding to you.

"Oh?" You took it, looking at its plain figure.

He nodded his head. "I didn't want it to get wet from the rain, so I took it in until I would run into you."

"Thank you." You smiled and waved to him as you walked into your room.

Closing and locking the door, another yawn escaped your mouth as you placed the box on your desk. You cut through the tape, wondering if you had ordered something.

But instead, you were greeted by a box full of different flowers.

You remembered what Adelinde had told you. Smiling, you picked up the card in the center and flipped it over to read it.

A token of my appreciation.
— Diluc

The scent of the flowers was sweet, and you pulled out a Dandelion from it.

Blushing, you laid the bouquet next to your lamp. You decided to go out and get a vase later on, since you wanted to sleep for now.

Turning your alarm clock for midnight, you stretched and kicked off your shoes and laid your weapon under your bed. You walked into your bathroom to quickly wash yourself off and got into bed.

...

Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ri—

"Ugh, I'm up, I'm up!"

You frustratedly pushed the button on top of your clock, groaning from the noise it emitted. You opened your eyes and rubbed them, pulling yourself out of the bed before you would fall asleep again.