Chapter 7

🍷

"If the delusion broke apart into seven pieces, then we can mark seven areas here." Diluc agreed with your realization.

You grabbed the pen from Diluc, circling around the Anemo Hypostases' domain. "...What other places would they be?"

"Stormterror's Lair can count as one." He replied.

You circled around the large area. "The electro cube in Cape Oath too."

"That's five of the seven." Diluc put his hand to his chin. "...The Cryo Hypostase belongs to Mondstadt as well."

You nodded. "Just one more place..."

Both of you examined the map. Your eyes darted from one place to another, but you failed to find anything that could relate to some large anomaly focus.

"Maybe there aren't seven?" You groaned, closing your eyes.

"No. I've seen a delusion before and I know all too well about them. There are seven pieces." He reassured.

"But I don't know any other place that holds a large elemental source." You said.

"...Windrise." Diluc said quietly. "The wind flows there constantly, and sometimes, Eyes of the Storm will spawn."

You quickly circled Windrise, a small smile playing at your lips. You looked back at Diluc.

"You know, we make a great team." You teased.

He smiled back to your surprise. "I suppose."

"So, Stormbearer Mountains tonight?" You asked, standing up.

He stood up with you, nodding. "I suggest you find a new disguise, though."

"I'll just find another Fatui Cicin and steal hers." You laughed.

"Alright. See you then."

...

"Sleeping the day away again?"

You had opened your door once more after being awoken out of your sleep. Rosaria looked down back at you, raising a brow.

You yawned through your words. "What's today...?"

"Sunday." She said. "Have you forgotten?"

You looked at her with a confused expression. "Forgotten what?"

She sighed. "Kaeya's birthday."

You blinked. "Crap, I forgot we planned a surprise party..."

"I know you dislike him and all, but weren't you the one who planned it in the first place?" She asked.

You groaned. "I wish I hadn't."

"Everything is ready at the tavern. We're just waiting on you."

Despite Angel's Share being closed on Sundays, Jean managed to get through to Diluc about holding Kaeya's party there. You had told her about your plans, and she immediately agreed to help you.

"Alright. I'll get dressed and go get him." You closed your door, rubbing your eyes.

You walked to your wardrobe and pulled the outfit you had planned to wear for today. Putting it on and fixing yourself up in your bathroom, you headed out while minding the time.

Dusk was approaching, so you quickly made your way to the Knights' headquarters.

"Evening, Miss L/N." A guard greeted and saluted.