Chapter 9

🍷

Midnight had approached fairly fast, and after your post was done, you got dressed in your new disguise and made your way to the usual spot.

Diluc was leaning up against the tree such as last time, his arms crossed and staring off into space until you approached him.

"...What happened to you?" He looked at the bandage on your cheek.

You groaned. "Just a little slip up from fighting earlier."

"...And your clothes?" He looked at your body.

You giggled, placing your hands upon your hips. "You like?"

You had managed to seek out another Fatui Cicin that was dressed differently from the last one. Her clothes were more revealing, to say the least.

"It... suits you." Diluc said.

"Ugh, don't say that. You're gonna make me feel like I'm one of them." You rolled your eyes, pulling the hood over your head.

"I get it." He pushed himself off the tree. "Let's head off."

"Oh, I forgot to mention. I went to Windrise earlier."

He looked back at you. "How was it?"

"Windy." You explained. "An Eye of the Storm caught me off guard, and it was glowing an ominous red."

"Hm..." Diluc looked back over the hills. "...The shard itself wouldn't be inside the tree. Perhaps one of the Eyes has it..."

"Maybe." You walked with him. "I was too distracted to pay attention."

"Distracted by what?" He asked.

You bit your tongue. "...The atmosphere. It was suffocating."

"I sent someone to Dragonspine to check on the Cryo Hypostase. As suspected, it's agitated." Diluc picked up his pace, making you do the same.

"Oh? Master Diluc has other sidekicks?" You teased.

"Not sidekicks. Just... contacts." He stated.

You giggled, walking with him all the way to Windrise. As you had stated, it was fairly windy and the shard you had started glowing as you approached the large tree.

"Hm... There aren't any Eyes around..." You examined your surroundings.

"...Something isn't right." Diluc drew his weapon, making you do the same.

But nothing happened. "...There aren't any threats?"

"No." Diluc's tone grew cold. "...Listen."

You did as he said and tried to open your ears more past the sound of the wind. Eventually, you heard what sounded like... laughing.

"...Behind the—!"

A Fatui Skirmisher jumped out at you, throwing a flaming red blade towards your body. You blocked the impact, but your body was sent back.

Diluc quickly rushed towards the Skirmisher, attacking it. His body faded into the atmosphere, and you composed yourself, getting ready for combat.

You used your cryo vision to slice through the air, causing the Skirmisher to reveal itself and endure your attack. Swiftly, Diluc jumped in and stabbed his legs with his claymore, rendering him immobilized.

"...You dare work... with this person?" The Skirmisher writhed in pain, staring at you with cold eyes.

You forgotten you were dressed like the Fatuus. "...Why are you here?"